Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Tuner Genius Auto Sweep Node-Red Application

Alan
Alan Member ✭✭✭✭

Dave, WO2X and I have built a Node-Red based flow to "Teach" the Tuner Genius frequency solutions across a selected band and selected increments. Here is a video Dave made on its use.

Learn more by visiting the Ham Radio Node-Red IO group.

Here is a link and discussion for a "Stand Alone" version.....only includes the Tuner Sweep Node-Red flow:

Here are Links to the same Tuner Sweep, but also includes integrations with the WO2X Tuner Genius and the Flex Radio Node-Red Flows:

Alan. WA9WUD

Comments

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

I want to thank Alan and Dave (and Kyle) who do a LOT of NodeRed messing around.

What is cool is that you don't have to program at their level to customize something simple that works for you.

• Dan Trainor
    Dan Trainor Member ✭✭✭

Does this and other Node-Red apps work natively on MacOS? Thank you, dan

• Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭

Dan

Yes, Node-Red can run on a Mac.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cHxLJq30AI

I would be happy to help you set it up if you like.

send me an e-mail to coordinate.

Alan. WA9WUD. a.alan.blind@gmail.com

• Dan Trainor
    Dan Trainor Member ✭✭✭

Alan Thank you. Install video was good and straight forward. Thank you. dan WA1QZX

• Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭

I added a Sweep Memory Module to the Tuner Sweep Flow. Dave, WO2X, is adding the same to his integrated set of flows, containing the same.

Here is an example of using the Tuner Sweep Memory Module.

I swept my G5RV on 80M, 40M and 20M. One sweep each with the Tuner in Bypass and another with the Tuner In Circuit. I stored each result in memory for future reference. Here is a screenshot of the Drop Down menu showing the stored Tuner Sweeps.

Alan. WA9WUD

• W2NER
    W2NER Member ✭✭

Where can I get this and will this work as a stand alone for a non-flex radio?

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

You can use part of it for standalone, but the bypass and unable to find match part will not work. It is designed to communicate via API with the Flex 6000 series radio, Power Genius amp, and Tuner Genius.

You are welcome to use it and edit as needed to work with other equipment.

Dave wo2x

• Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭

W2NER

I have an SWR sweep flow set up to interface with other radios. Auto-tune, but it will sweep the band and give you a bar chart at each frequency.

To use this, you need to have set up a Node-Red interface to your rig, so you can command a "Tune" and receive the SWR measurement.

If you have this connectionism and understand Node-Red basics, you can make this work. Here is a link to download the SWR Sweep Node-Red Flow. Download the SWR sweep file at the bottom of the list.

Alan. WA9WUD

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.