Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

PGXL Setup Question

I just received a new to me TGXL/PGXL. I am using a Flex 6400 and I am having issues incorporating the PGXL into the setup. I tested just the 6400 and TGXL which works fine. When I add the PGXL all I get is a 1W reading on the display. I am running it on 110V so I am aware I will only get about half power. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Garth WG2G

Answers

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Garth,

Is the TGXL the SO2R version or 1x3? If SO2R, are you using two antennas (A and B ports)?

I suspect the tuner and amp are set for previous owner’s radio.

In the PG XL app make sure the CAT tab A and B are unchecked.

In the Flex tab make sure A and B are selected. You should see your radio on right. Use the arrow buttons in middle to set both A and B to s/n of your radio. Select Ant1 and LAN for A then Ant2 and LAN for B.

In the TG XL app make sure you select your radio for A and B port.

On the radio when you select Ant1 it will use port A on tuner. Ant2 on radio will use port B.

73 Dave wo2x

• Garth WG2G
    Garth WG2G Member ✭✭
    Dave,

It is SO2R, but I am only using one antenna right now. I did factory reset the devices during my testing. I will go over the other settings and get back to you. Thanks for reaching out.

Garth WG2G
  • David Decoons, wo2x

Ok, double check the configuration. You only need to set up the A side then. The amp should show the name of the radio if configured correctly.

73 Dave wo2x

• Garth WG2G
    Garth WG2G Member ✭✭
    All other configurations appear to be correct. I am kinda puzzled at the moment. I may have to open a helpdesk ticket.
  • David Decoons, wo2x

If you need a set of eyes to help you remotely, e-mail me direct. I am good on QRZ.

73 Dave wo2x

• Garth WG2G
    Garth WG2G Member ✭✭
    I have noticed that I am not getting any reading on the Vdd or Vac. I think that could be related. I am on 120V 15A right now. I do not have a 240 to test on though.
  • David Decoons, wo2x

Is the power switch on in back?

Also try resetting the amp. Turn off rear switch then hold the front panel button in while turning on the rear switch. Continue to hold it til it resets. Watch the front panel for any failures as it boots. You will need to reset your settings. The manual is on Flex’s site if you don’t have it.

Dave wo2x

• Garth WG2G
    Garth WG2G Member ✭✭
    Yes, the power switch is on and I get display. The amp will PTT and connect to radio, but in the bottom right hand corner it does not register any Vdd or Vac. I have done a factory reset as well. I put a help desk ticket in last night so hopefully they will have some ideas. Thanks for your help.
  • K5XH
    K5XH Member ✭✭

Hi Garth,

I can't offer any solutions but wanted to let you know that I have seem similar problems.

My amp has a problem where I occasionally see no Vac and no Vdd or Vac OK but no Vdd upon power up or switching from standby to operate. The amp gives no fault warning or any other indication of a problem. It will respond to a PTT request (from 6600) but will not show any output. Usually re-cycling the power fixes the problem. It hasn't made the trip back to Austin yet because it doesn't happen that often.

If your issue is resolved please let me know what the fix is. Good luck!

73, Mark K5XH

• Garth WG2G
    Garth WG2G Member ✭✭
    Well Mark that makes me feel a little less crazy that someone else sees the issue. Power cycling doesn’t do it for me. Waiting for a response to my help desk ticket. I will let you know what they say.
  • Garth WG2G
    Garth WG2G Member ✭✭
    edited July 2022

Mark, just wanted to let you know I got this resolved. So apparently the early versions of the PGXL had an issue where the power supply would slide forward during shipping. I was able to open my unit up and slide it back into place. The amp works great now. See below for the link to the previous post about this.

Thanks to Justin W4JTD for the info.

https://community.flexradio.com/discussion/comment/20112015#Comment_20112015

• K5XH
    K5XH Member ✭✭

Thanks!

Guess I need to open mine up and make sure everything is seated properly.

73, Mark

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.