Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

PGXL False Power Display on Multi-Client

Options

I posted this as a Help Desk, but thought it should go on the Forum.

I frequently have 2 SmartSDR clients connected to my Flex6600, PGXL and AGL.

During an approaching severe T-Storm yesterday, I did the following:

1. Disconnected all antenna inputs to the Antenna Genius

2. Turned OFF 6600 by REM input

3. Waited 1 minute, left power supply on.

4. Removed CAT5 from 6600.

5. PGXL automatically goes to Standby

6. Next day, 12 hours later, reversed procedure. Connected antennas, plugged in CAT5, turned on 6600 by REM, SmartSDR reconnects for Multi-Client, PGXL is left in Standby.

7. Client 2 shows PGXL metering at 500 watts out on SmartSDR with no transmitter keying.

8. Rebooted Client 2 SmartSDR. Does not clear this erroneous display.

9. No output from PGXL shown on Utility or external wattmeter.

10. Client 1 SSDR metering is normal at zero watts.

11. Only resolution involves POWER OFF switch on rear of PGXL. Very inconvenient if operating remote!

We need an REM ON/OFF for PGXL! I suspect that the router lease had expired on the 6600 while it was disconnected and assigned a new local IP when re-powered.

Comments

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Hi Bill, good to see you at Xenia!

Did you try using PG XL utility to go into Device Settings and click Save to reboot the amp?

Also I recommend you do DHCP reservations in the router for the radio equipment.

Some people have built a 240 disconnect with relay coil controlled by an Internet controllable relay.

73 Dave wo2x

• Bill NE1B
    Bill NE1B Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks Dave! I had not thought the PGXL Utility could reboot the amp. I will try that next time! I will also setup the DHCP reservations in my router so devices don't wander after long inactivity.

More discussion is needed on the 240 VAC disconnect device! I believe it should be a "built-in", similar to REM (remote on/off) on the Flex Radios.

73 Bill, NE1B

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

There is no disconnect ability of the 240 VAC via remote. That is why people use a DPDT relay with either 120 VAC or 12 VDC coil to do it. An HVAC contactor in a Hoffman or similar enclosure could be built.

Dave.

P.S. - was looking at the “Outside the box” from the CTSP project today and was thinking of you ;-)

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Just to add a bit of info

The power circuitry in the PGXL is designed very similar to your standard TV today. When you turn it off (go to standby actually), the PGXL powers almost fully off.

What is left running is a low-power controller to listen for power on commands. That may help explain how it works.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.