Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

V2.8 SD Card now available -- can I downgrade to V2.4.10?

RE: no plans for a v2.4.10 SD card.  (see attached announcement)

If I purchase a SD card for V2.8 can I then reload V2.4.10 ? 

Are there any special steps required?

My preference is to remain on V2.4.10 since I only operate CW and it works great but mainly because I don't like the "Profile AutoSave" feature in 2.8 and 3.x.

I put in a help desk ticket a while back and think Tim E. said it was possible but that was pretty early on and things were still developing. 

Thanks…Al / NN4ZZ

Comments

• Tim K9WX
    Tim K9WX Member ✭✭✭

I had the SD card failure in early June, the first ever for the 5-year old 6600, and I was also running 2.4.10 (for the same reason, I don't care for the profile autosave feature).

I was told my replacement card would be loaded with SSDR 3.3.29. Tim W4TME provide these instructions on how to downgrade to 2.4.10:

=============

Actually, what would be best is to install the SmartSDR v3.3.29 SD card into the radio since we are no longer providing v2.4.10 SD cards. Once it boots up and you connect to it with SmartSDR v2.4.10, you will be prompted to "upgrade". Select the upgrade option and you will be notified you are downgrading the firmware in the radio. Just acknowledge that you are going to do the downgrade and let the process proceed.

Once the radio reboots, it will be running SmartDR v2.4.10.

Then do the factory reset procedure outlined previously in the HelpDesk ticket. After the radio reboots, it will be running SmartSDR v2.4.10 with a default v2.4.10 database. If you have saved any of your profiles before the boot failure, you can import them into the radio after the factory reset.

At this point, you will be good to go.

=============

Following those instructions, my radio was successfully restored to 2.4.10. I can't say if the same procedure would work for a card loaded with SSDR 2.8, but you would think it would.

Tim K9WX

• Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2022

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the notes. That is good news...hopefully someone at FLEX will comment and confirm the steps are the same going down from V2.8.0.

Also whether they are any different on a 6700 vs your 6600.

SD CARD just ordered...

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ

al (at) nn4zz (dot) com

6700 Win10 Pro V2004 -- SSDR V2.4.10

• Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭

Dear FLEX,

I received my SD Card today - it was labeled 6700 V3.3.32.

I ordered the V2.x SD Card

Was that an error to send the V3 Card?

Also I added a note to the order asking for the instructions to downgrade to V 2.4.10 but nothing was included.

Please let me know the steps to update it back to V2.4.10 since it may not be the same as Tim outlined above for the 6700 and also since the I got the V3 card instead of the V2 card. And my license is for V2.X not V3.x

Should I open another help desk ticket with these questions?

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ

al (at) nn4zz (dot) com

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

HI Al, I opened a ticket for you. The Flex techs don't necessarily monitor this forum.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Al

For the future, you don't need to post this in the forum, just go directly down the support path.

Thanks

• Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭

Hi Mike,

Sometimes it hard to tell whether to post a question in the community or start a help desk issue. I figure if someone can answer it here then it avoids taking time away from the tech support people who may be working on more critical issues. I've seen quite a few other posts get converted to help desk issues so didn't realize it was a problem.

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ

al (at) nn4zz (dot) com

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.