Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

multi-nated home network issue

chuckchen
chuckchen Member ✭✭
edited July 2022 in Networking
hi,my home network is the multi NATED.I also configed the port forwarding in my router,but,the test button always RED. does anyone have any solution?

Answers

• Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭

Chuck

Double NAT is a show stopper for SmartLink.

Others are using VPNs, such as Open VPN and thus bypassing the need for SmartLink, but.....with mixed performance results. Do a search on this site to find many posts on using VPNs.

Alan. WA9WUD

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

If your ISP is not CGNAT and your house is double NAT'd you can make it work.

If it was my place, I would take the 2nd router (the router beside the router) and put it in bridge mode. That will solve your issue.

If you can't for some reason, you need to do port forwards from the main router to the 2nd router and then another set of port forwards to the radio.

You may have to bring in someone more knowledgeable to do this for you if that didn't make sense.

• chuckchen
    chuckchen Member ✭✭
    [{"insert":"thank all ,maybe i need change my ISP\n"}]
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Before you change, take some time to understand their network first. If they are not CGNAT, then you control everything else to make it work.

• chuckchen
    chuckchen Member ✭✭
    hi guys,i have changed my isp, everything gets ok yet, thank you all,73

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.