Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex SWR Sweep for Node Red

Alan
Alan Member ✭✭✭✭

I built a Node-Red based flow to scan a range of frequencies.

The Flow will work, stand alone, with any Flex 6000 series radio. The Flow will use Flex Slice (0) as the scan RF Source.

Here is a screenshot of the final scan I did on my G5RV on 20M:

For more information and a link to download the flow, go to the discussion I started on the Ham Radio Node-Red IO group:

Alan. WA9WUD

Comments

• Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022

I found a good use for my Flex SWR Sweep Flow.

I have a TX-XL. Here is a "as found" sweep on 40M of my G5RV antenna:

I then "taught" the TG-XL the tune solutions for the higher SWR values. Here is the new SWR Sweep. Note, I forgot to teach the tuner 7.24 MHZ (note, the different "X" scales for each data plot).

And here is the same antenna, with the TG-XL in "Bypass":

My next project is to build a flow to use the same sequencer, but to command the TG-XL to learn the best tune solution, for any antenna, across the band.

Alan. WA9WUD

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Thanks Alan for your contributions.

I will have to give this a try!

• Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭

I finished building the Tuner Genius Sweep (Teach) Node-Red Flow.

For more information, and to download the flow, here is my posing of same to the Ham Radio Node-Red IO Group:

Here is a screenshot of the Tuner Genius "Learning" the tune solutions for my G5RV antenna, 40M, 10 steps:

Alan. WA9WUD

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

I've been tweaking Alan's fine work. Now integrated in Node Red to my Flex Radio and Tuner Genius flows.

I've also been tweaking color scheme to make it more readable with text yellow on black and the SWR bars above the frequency and tuner values. The SWR numbers at bottom were changed to white on black.

The fun with Node Red is you can customize it to your liking!

P.S. - Alan and I like to team up :-)

73 Dave wo2x

• Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022

Looks good, Dave.

The visual display reveals all aspects of your G5RV antenna characteristics and Tune solutions. The resonate portions of the G5RV are easy to spot.

Also, very easy now, to re-teach the Tuner Genius any Band/Antenna configuration, especially when the seasons change and the antenna characteristics may also change.

Alan. WA9WUD

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.