Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

TX Profiles MIA

Anyone else running into this issue:

This has been occurring since the latest software upgrade 3.3.32 to my 6600M ...

I move back & forth between GLOBAL profiles ... I'm finding that some of my TX profiles are gone ... they just disappear ...

I have to import them back to restore them ... Thank goodness I export my profiles each time I update them ...

Comments

• RFord
    RFord Member ✭✭✭

Yes I’m having the same issue. The only difference in what you are describing is when I do a restore some of my xmit profiles will not restore. I have a help desk ticket started and they are working with me. I would suggest you open a ticket…your issue may be different than mine.

Ronald

• w1smc
    w1smc Member ✭✭
    edited June 2022

Thanks Ronald ...

Also, I have opened a ticket on this ...

• K0FG_Fred
    K0FG_Fred Member ✭✭

Have the same problem, TX profiles just disappear. I usually use the 6400M front panel and when I turn on the radio it boots and then when I try to recall a global profile it has the default TX profile, not the TX profile I had when I last used that global profile.

I have 2 TX profiles, one with 100 watts with the RCA TX1 turned off. And another TX profile for the same band with 20 watts and the RCA TX1 turned on for use with the amp. Now all I have left are the default TX profiles. Have recreated my TX profiles twice in the last 2 days and I don't want to have to do it anymore, but they are gone and no matter how far back I go to import them they never show up, even tho they are listed on the import screen as being there available for import.

Started ssdr and did an import, the list showed my TX profiles were there to be imported, but they never showed up in either ssdr or the front panel. Tried it 3 times. Even tried to import only the 2 TX profiles that I am missing, they show up on the list of files to be imported, no joy.

This started 2 days ago, until then it was working great, I use global profiles most of the time when switching band/modes.

Rather than starting another ticket should I just wait until the existing tickets have been fixed and try their solutions? Or should I just start another ticket?

Fred, K0FG

• RFord
    RFord Member ✭✭✭

Fred I would advise you to open a ticket on this issue.

Best Regards,

Ronald

• w1smc
    w1smc Member ✭✭

I opened a ticket regarding this issue and, as usual, Flex (Tim) responded almost immediately ...

Anyway, I followed Tims advice (perform a Cold Boot & Reset the Radio) which did not correct this issue. And I was not able to recreate the issue at that time.

I re-created the TX Profiles that were MIA and left things as they were. I did NOT reload/restore my previously saved profile.

Well, I came down to the shack this morning and started the PGXL, TGXL and 6600M (in that order) and low-and-behold the TX Profile I previously re-created was no longer available. Also, all of the TX Band Settings associated with this particular profile were also gone.

I will continue to monitor this and all of my operating activity and see if I can nail down if this is operator error or not. I do not believe it is though.

Steve / W1SMC

• RFord
    RFord Member ✭✭✭

Steve I have the same behavior...I can create the Transmit Profiles and set the settings with this profile...if I cut off the Flex and wait about two minutes and restart the profiles that I have created are missing again. Tim has been working with me but so far we have not been able to solve this issue. With Tim involved it will only be a matter of time before the problem is solved.

Best Regards

Ronald

• w1smc
    w1smc Member ✭✭

Ronald, I came down this morning and powered up the radio and went upstairs to grab a cup of coffee. When I returned the radios power button was blinking red three times. Boot failure. This is the first boot failure for this rig since it was returned from Flex after having the Display replaced.

After getting the radio started and for the 2nd day in a row and I continue to run into this issue.

Like the previous morning, the TX Profile I created the day before is now MIA and the Default TX Profile was selected in SSDR.

I changed the TX Band settings to what I wanted them to be and set the TX Delay to 20. Then I recreated the TX Profile giving it a new name and shut down SSDR. When I re-launched SSDR the new profile was selected and the TX Band settings were what I had changed them to. Normal SSDR operations.

I closed and relaunched SSDR a few times and the TX Profile & TX Band settings were okay.

I also shutdown the radio, waited 5 minutes this time, and then started the radio again. All appears to be working normally. I then exported all of my Profiles.

I'll continue to monitor this.

Steve / W1SMC

• RFord
    RFord Member ✭✭✭

Thanks for the information Steve...I have tried to change the names but no luck. I have Transmit Profiles for CW, RTTY, WSJT-X...I do not have an issue with these. When I make a SSB Profile for the PGXL for low, medium and high power these are removed when I reboot the Flex 6600. Also, when I try to use the restore feature to bring the profiles back they will not restore. Still not sure what is going on...

Have a great 4th

Best Regards,

Ronald

• Ted S
    Ted S Member ✭✭
    edited July 2022

I have experienced this issue intermittently since my Flex 6400 was new in Jan 2021 on 3.1.12. I came up with a work around that works for me. It appears that when you create a new TX profile it may be corrupted. If it is corrupted it eventually disappears from the profiles and if you export a corrupted TX profile, you won't be able to import it. The import fails.

To confirm a TX profile is not corrupted, I export the profile right after I create it. Then I delete the profile and see if I can import it. If I can import it, then it sticks and will not randomly disappear on me. If I can't import it, I have to create the profile again and export it, delete it and import it until it works. It is a clumsy work around, but it has worked for me. I am currently on 3.2.39 and still use this work around whenever I create a new TX profile.

For the flex developers, I suggest you have someone send you one of these TX profiles that can't be imported to see if you can determine what is causing the corruption. I don't recall if I kept one of the corrupted exports but will take a look for one if you want to debug it.

Ted, WR4T

• w1smc
    w1smc Member ✭✭

Ted, Thanks for this information. This I'm sure is the reason when I import some of my previous TX Profiles I've saved they no longer include these "corrupted" versions.

Steve / W1SMC

• RFord
    RFord Member ✭✭✭

Ted I want to thank you for posting your process...I followed you instructions and finally had the results I was looking for...thanks again...

Best Regards

Ronald

• w1smc
    w1smc Member ✭✭

FYI ... Flex Support is sending me a new SD card ...

"I reviewed your recent RMA and there is no indication that the SD card was replaced in the radio. I am beginning to suspect that that may be the culprit so I think replacing it would be a prudent step."

Not certain this will help ... but I'm getting a new SD card for my troubles ...

Steve / W1SMC

• RFord
    RFord Member ✭✭✭

Yes support did send me a card...but it did not correct my issue. You may have better luck...I seem to have a cloud over the home place : )

Take care

Ronald

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

@RFord If it did not resolve your issue, please follow up with the support group and let them know.

• RFord
    RFord Member ✭✭✭

Thanks Mike...Tim is aware that the card did not do the trick. He has been working very hard trying to resolve my issue. As usual great customer service and tech support.

Best Regards

Ronald

• KI4P
    KI4P Member ✭✭

Ted

Thanks for the share, tried as you suggested and it does work, thanks again for the work around. dont get me wrong, i love my 6400 but some of these issue that seems to be in the software getting old, especially my vox dropping out. oh well maybe one of these days it will get fixed.

Thanks again

Rick - KI4P

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.