SmartSDR v3.3.32 and the SmartSDR v3.3.32 Release Notes | SmartSDR v2.8.0 and the SmartSDR v2.8.0 Release Notes
SmartSDR v1.12.1 and the SmartSDR v1.12.1 Release Notes
Power Genius XL Utility v3.6.24 and the Power Genius XL Release Notes v3.6.24
Tuner Genius XL Utility v1.1.8 and the Tuner Genius XL Release Notes v1.1.8
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.
Hot switching with 1A2R
I'm hoping someone else is using a 4O3A "1-amplifier-2-radio" switch (a.k.a. 1A2R) successfully and can help me out.
I am using a 1A2R with my 6600 and ACOM solid state amp. I have had to replace the relays in the 1A2R twice in 5 months and the folks at 4O3A believe that it's due to hot-switching.
Their tech support suggests connecting each unit in this manner:
1. From radio TX1 from radio to 1A2R PTT input.
2. From 1A2R PTT output to ACOM key in
3. From ACOM key out to radio PTT.
Step #3 has me confused. Where would I plug in my footswitch?
It seems that the correct way to solve this would be to simply set the RCA TX delays to "0" and the TX Delay to "20" or larger to give all the relays time to close before RF goes out. Am I off base about this? I hope someone has already figured this out because both 4O3A tech support and I are tired of me going through relays so quickly.
Leave a Comment
- 18.7K All Categories
- 138 Community Topics
- 2K New Ideas
- 294 The Flea Market
- 6.3K Software
- 5.4K SmartSDR for Windows
- 95 SmartSDR for Maestro and M models
- 218 SmartSDR for Mac
- 188 SmartSDR for iOS
- 181 SmartSDR CAT
- 116 DAX
- 321 SmartSDR API
- 7.9K Radios and Accessories
- 6.4K FLEX-6000 Signature Series
- 636 Maestro
- 30 FlexControl
- 780 FLEX Series (Legacy) Radios
- 433 Genius Products
- 252 Power Genius XL Amplifier
- 157 Tuner Genius XL
- 24 Antenna Genius
- 123 Shack Infrastructure
- 78 Networking
- 215 Remote Operation (SmartLink)
- 93 Contesting
- 317 Peripherals & Station Integration
- 89 Amateur Radio Interests
- 602 Third-Party Software