SmartSDR v3.5.9 and the SmartSDR v3.5.9 Release Notes | SmartSDR v2.10.1 and the SmartSDR v2.10.1 Release Notes
SmartSDR v1.12.1 and the SmartSDR v1.12.1 Release Notes
Power Genius XL Utility v3.8.4 and the Power Genius XL Release Notes v3.8.4
Tuner Genius XL Utility v1.1.20 and the Tuner Genius XL Release Notes v1.1.20
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.
Hot switching with 1A2R
I'm hoping someone else is using a 4O3A "1-amplifier-2-radio" switch (a.k.a. 1A2R) successfully and can help me out.
I am using a 1A2R with my 6600 and ACOM solid state amp. I have had to replace the relays in the 1A2R twice in 5 months and the folks at 4O3A believe that it's due to hot-switching.
Their tech support suggests connecting each unit in this manner:
1. From radio TX1 from radio to 1A2R PTT input.
2. From 1A2R PTT output to ACOM key in
3. From ACOM key out to radio PTT.
Step #3 has me confused. Where would I plug in my footswitch?
It seems that the correct way to solve this would be to simply set the RCA TX delays to "0" and the TX Delay to "20" or larger to give all the relays time to close before RF goes out. Am I off base about this? I hope someone has already figured this out because both 4O3A tech support and I are tired of me going through relays so quickly.
Leave a Comment
- All Categories
- 225 Community Topics
- 2K New Ideas
- 448 The Flea Market
- 6.9K Software
- 5.8K SmartSDR for Windows
- 120 SmartSDR for Maestro and M models
- 310 SmartSDR for Mac
- 232 SmartSDR for iOS
- 216 SmartSDR CAT
- 152 DAX
- 340 SmartSDR API
- 8.4K Radios and Accessories
- 6.8K FLEX-6000 Signature Series
- 704 Maestro
- 39 FlexControl
- 820 FLEX Series (Legacy) Radios
- 657 Genius Products
- 359 Power Genius XL Amplifier
- 229 Tuner Genius XL
- 69 Antenna Genius
- 213 Shack Infrastructure
- 142 Networking
- 338 Remote Operation (SmartLink)
- 116 Contesting
- 536 Peripherals & Station Integration
- 108 Amateur Radio Interests
- 765 Third-Party Software