Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Close Lightning strike

Options

Good Morning. Yesterday We had a close lightning strike. My 6600M will come on but the display will not. Looks like it wants to, but not happening. Looking for reset . Pulled the power plug to restart the 6600, but that did not fix it.

Suggestions

KB4OIF

John😥

Comments

• Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    Options

The close strike may have taken out the ESD protection device on one or both antenna paths. You will have transmit but no receive if this happens.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited June 2022
    Options

@KB4OIF

It sounds like the radio needs to be shipped home for a spa day to see if it is repairable.

We are so sorry to hear about that.

• W2JV_
    W2JV_ Member ✭✭
    Options

@KB4OIF I'm about to install a Siemens whole house surge protector, if a strike similar to yours happens to others might it have protected the equipment.? I know if the radio can be revived, the folks at FLEX can do it.

Peter

W2JV

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Of course, close being a relative term, nothing can cope with a direct strike. Otherwise the energy can come in on the power feed, cable, antenna feed line, be absorbed by the Ethernet wiring, maybe unused cable or telephone wire. Hard to cover all of these.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.