Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Using a mouse with the 6400M

GM,

I saw a video that VA3MW did on Youtube. He was showing the 6400M and 6600M. He was talking about the basic how to type stuff. But I noticed that when he was on the 6400M he was using his mouse to operate the menu items, instead of the touchscreen. Is there a way that one can use a mouse on the 6400M front screen?

Mark Griffin, KB3Z

Best Answer

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓

Correct. I was using development software.

Answers

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Mark, there is no mouse input for the M models or Maestros. Mike was probably using an emulator to show the Maestro screen on YouTube.

• Mark Griffin
    Mark Griffin Member ✭✭

Thanks for the explanation.

Mark KB3Z

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭

The OEM tablet in the M radios and the Maestro does not have any provision for external devices like a mouse or keyboard.

• Mark Griffin
    Mark Griffin Member ✭✭

The touchscreen is not bad. Don't get me wrong. But to be able to use a mouse to me would be a great feature! I know that I can connect an external mouse to my Ipad Pro. And I can even do that via Bluetooth. I'm not sure if the Flexradio's have Bluetooth or not. I'm wondering if I am one of few who would like to use a mouse with their M Version? I would be anxious to see how many would like to see that happen.

Mark Griffin, KB3Z

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.