Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

GridTracker alternative?

I am a new Flex owner, I had been running WSJT-X and GridTracker, but I see SmartSDR for Mac has a FT8 tool. Are there any alternatives to GridTracker that would work directly with SmartSDR? I really like how GridTracker works, but if I could streamline a little it would be worth it.

Comments

• Erik Carling EI4KF
    Erik Carling EI4KF Member ✭✭✭

There is JT Alert at hamapps.com which is worth a look but its integration with SSDR is similar to GT. I find GT to be a more interesting program as it displays potential QSO information, worked before contacts, etc. GT really visually excels by presenting live maps of band activity. So far as I know the Mac FT8 tool has no direct comparative app in Windows.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
  • The new version of GT didn't fix the Call Roster feature, at least not for me. I just thought it was a good time to look around for alternatives. I'm so new, I don't even know what I don't know yet.....LOL
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Both Grid Tracker and JTAlert for Windows require either WSJT-X or JTDX. Each has its merits.

I personally like JTAlert for many of the features, a lot which Grid Tracker also has. One thing I like in JTAlert is the decodes window, which you can have up to six panels which can show decoded stations based on filters. It can scan your log and shows different colors (needed grid, state, country on band, new country, etc.) The decodes window can be sized larger, change decoded call boxes larger or smaller, and makes it easier to click on calls than WSJT-X. Typically I have an all decoded panel on top then three sub panels which are filtered by stations calling CQ, sending RR73, or calling me.

Also for those wanting to run both, easy to do using multicast IP. Just have only one send the QSO to your log book or you’ll have double logging.

I do like the real time propagation & QSO display on Grid Tracker.

For me, running both is the ultimate FT4/FT8 operating. Just make sure you have screen real estate and don’t run on an under horse powered PC.

Dave wo2x