Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

My DAX will only work on Slice B, Slice A is on. This is hapening with both RX Streams.

RobertPantazes
RobertPantazes Member ✭✭
My DAX will only work on Slice B, Slice A is on. This is happening with both RX Streams.

Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

There are a number of things we need to know to help you out.

Version of SmartSDR?

MAC? PC?

Maestro?

What does it do when it works and when it doesn't work? No audio? No Audo bar graph?

What digital program are you using?

Can you post some screen shots please of SmartSDR and SmartSDR DAX. You could be able to copy and paste an image.

You can use a great tool called "Greenshot" to take screen shots.

The pictures are very helpful.

• RobertPantazes
    RobertPantazes Member ✭✭

I am using smartSDR DAX

V3.3.29

PC computer

The Flex is 6400M

Only can stream slice B, both RX lights are lite. Also I now noticed that if I turn off the Slice B RX and then turn it on, it will then stop streaming. I then have no slice that will stream.

Then I found that if I turn off both RX TX slices and turn on it will start to stream A but not B.

I am using the DAX for WSJT-X

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

DAX can be a bit confusing as there are a few parts.

A Slice (A and B in your case) can use different DAX channels (1 or 2 for a 6400). They are different.

It is here that you tell DAX what Slice to send what DAX channel to. This is a picture from a FLEX-6700 that has 8 slices.

Have a look in the SmartSDR V3 manual in section 35.1.1.

If that isn't the issue, then you may have a corrupted DAX sound device and if you open a HelpDesk ticket they will sort it out for you.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.