Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Need a hand with smart sdr forced update

Scotty
Scotty Member ✭✭
edited May 2022 in SmartSDR for Windows

So I got a new PC and installed new smart sdr and it forced a update to my 6400. It went well, imported my profiles and all went to heck. None of my tx power settings, transverter settings, tx profiles are all shot to heck

I exported them from old computer saved them to a portable hard drive and imported them to new sdr install. Nothing is correct please help.

Scott

N2DZ

Comments

• RFord
    RFord Member ✭✭✭

Scott I recommend you open up a support ticket. The Help Desk will get you going.

Best Regards

Ronald

• Scotty
    Scotty Member ✭✭

Yeah Ronald I did but have yet to hear. Figured I'd try here maybe someone experienced the same issue.

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited May 2022

Sounds like when you got the new computer you downloaded a newer version than you had in the radio. It is not a forced update but rather an update you initiated.

Now, something to try to get you fixed. First, open a Help Desk ticket. While you are waiting for support to call back, try resetting the radio to defaults. Power off the radio. Wait two minutes. Remove DC cable for 30 seconds. Reapply DC. Wait two minutes then press power.

Test if radio is working with default settings. You may need to change mic input.

If it is working then import your backup profiles.

Dave wo2x

• Scotty
    Scotty Member ✭✭

David,

That did the trick. Don't know what went wrong first time but they all there now. Just have a new issue though. I am caught by the troubled font issue where it cuts off half the freq. I see in other threads you download a new font. Would you happen to know where from?

Scott

N2DZ

• Scotty
    Scotty Member ✭✭

I only ask because I have read the other threads and all the links are 404 or restricted to the fonts recommended. I searched with no luck as well. Running windows 11 Pro.

• Scotty
    Scotty Member ✭✭

Sorry to bug you again I was able to find it.

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Great. Glad you got it all straightened out.

Time to get on the air and have fun!

Dave wo2x

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

@Scotty Tim got back to you yesterday around 3pm. Did you get the email?

If not, please look in your spam folder.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.