Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FLEX6600M upgrade has slice loss

Options

After the FLEX6600M is upgraded to 3.3.29, it is normal to restore the factory settings, but the slice A is lost after restarting the FLEX software. How to solve it? thanks

Comments

• BG5ILX
    BG5ILX Member ✭✭
    Options

You can create new slices, which is very inconvenient

• BG5ILX
    BG5ILX Member ✭✭
    Options

My operating system is WIN10 64-bit, after the system has been updated, install FLEX software 3.2.29 and then upgrade 3.3.29

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Click in the lower left corner and it will add a new slice receiver.

Sometimes when doing an update things like slice receivers disappear. Adding one back and later when you shutdown the radio and restart, it should come back.

James

WD5GWY

• Erik Carling EI4KF
    Erik Carling EI4KF Member ✭✭✭
    Options

My experience, which is not necessarily correct for this case, is the slice is present but the flag is off the screen. So, I do not want to create a new slice. I either centre the existing one - the flag will return to the middle - or close the slice with the cross top right hand side and then recreate that same slice. Once done it saves and all is back to normal (for me anyway).

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Usually, if the Slice receiver is off the screen there is an indicator with a pointer on one side of the screen or the other ( depending on where the Slice receiver is) indicating in which direction it is located. You can then scroll over to it. Or, double click on the current screen and it should, bring it to the area visible on the display. In this particular case, it appears, for whatever reason, it was deleted. In that case, adding a Slice Receiver by clicking in the lower left corner ( the add Slice Receiver indicator) will add a new Slice Receiver.

James

WD5GWY

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Based on the picture, SmartSDR started without an active receiver.

Just double click on the screen and see if it starts one or just add one with the Add Slice button.

• BG5ILX
    BG5ILX Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you very much for sharing your experience 73

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.