Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

UNABLE TO CONNECT FROM DIFFERENT WIFI !

konstantinos
konstantinos Member
Good morning.I have just perchased a Flex 6600M radio.I can connect with my laptop when I am at home but when when I am away in a differnt wifi I can not connect even I enter my email and passeword.How can I fix that?
THANKS

Best Answer

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓

Erika

Are you trying to do a remote connection to your radio from your office?

If so, you want to read through Section 9 of the manual and make sure you have followed each step first and that you get the Green Test Success.

Answers

• Erika - KØDD
    Erika - KØDD Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2022

What sort of wifi is this second one? Many businesses in the states have public wifi, but many require their user names and passwords to log on to the router. Sometimes it just takes talking to someone from the system you're trying to log into to get the systems login and password, or get them to allow you to connect. Hotels are usually the worst. Tough connectivity just rf wise trying to get a signal even if you have the user and password. They're only locked down to keep uninvited guests from stealing their connection. I've never attempted remote operating away from home back to the station. But do email and some social and used to Skype from travels. DD

• Thank you Erika, but I am TRying to connect from my private office wifi.Is IT AN ISSUE OF PORTS? UPNP MAYBE??
  • John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭

If the second WiFi is not on the same lan as the radio, smartlink will be needed.

• Geoff AB6BT
    Geoff AB6BT Member ✭✭✭

I don't find much reference to ZeroTier on this community.

You can create a software defined network and add computers to the new network. They will be on the same lan.

Just a suggestion that works for me. I use ZeroTier quite a bit for different applications as well.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.