Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

3.3.29 DAX - can't control RX 1 audio level vs. WSJT-X

Neal Pollack, N6YFM
Neal Pollack, N6YFM Member ✭✭

I upgraded to SmartSDR 3.3.29. Since then, WSJT-X receive bar is +80dB red. When I go into windows 10 sounds, and look at DAX RX devices, there are two different sets in RECORD with the same names (DAX audio RX 1) but different icons., and also a SET of DAX audio RX 1 thru 8 in PLAYBACK area. None of the ones labeled "DAX Audio RX 1" will control the actual RX level for the WSJT-X receive bar. Neither will the RX gain slider on the SmartSDR DAX desktop window, in the RX Streams 1 window section. Did the 3.3.29 installer corrupt the DAX RX and TX devices? WSJT-X is working and decoding, but I simply can't control that RX level going into WSJT-X.

Thanks for any help.

Neal, N6YFM

Comments

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

You might have to open a support ticket for this one Neal. DAX needs some TLC it seems.

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭

Mine did this and I simply went to DAX window clicked of the RX button for the slice I was on and disabled it then reenabled it and all was good here.

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Neal

If you need an extra set of eyes to look at the problem, reach out to me direct. My e-mail is good on QRZ.

Dave wo2x

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.