Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Just ordered my backup SD Card -Thank you Flex

Ted S
Ted S Member ✭✭
edited May 2022 in SmartSDR for Windows

Thank you to the Flex Customer Support Team, the availability of a backup SD card is exactly what I was looking for, just placed my order!

I can now install 3.3.29 when it arrives with confidence, greatly appreciate this option.

73, Ted WR4T

Comments

• W2JV_
    W2JV_ Member ✭✭

Ted,

"Install with confidence"? I'm sure your aware of the ATU issue, as previously mentioned, if that's not a big deal for you go for it! I agree the customer support is fantastic, and I feel they are an industry leader in this space.

73 Peter W2JV

• Ted S
    Ted S Member ✭✭

Yes, I am aware of the ATU bug, but with the backup up on hand, upgrading and downgrading if issues arise will be easier to handle.

I have a KAT500 external tuner with the USB cable for control, pulls up the tuning solution from memory for each 20 kHz band segment. As I tune the RX up and down the band it autotunes in <50ms without having to key the radio. Works a treat, while it was a few more dollars than the internal ATU, it is good for either 600W or 1kW depending on mismatch and is a small fraction of the cost of a TGXL. If I could justify the cost, I would go with the TGXL though.

Ted, WR4T

• ka9ees
    ka9ees Member ✭✭✭

Now that you can buy a back up SD card. Does that mean we no longer get new SD cards for free if ours fail?

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Here is how it works.

You can purchase a card in advance for your own radio. Each card is produced manually.

From a support perspective, nothing changes. If you have a support case open due to a failed SD Card/Radio, we will end you a card for free.

You are required to return the defective card from your radio for study and supply an envelope to do that.

• ka9ees
    ka9ees Member ✭✭✭

@Mike-VA3MW

Thank you sir! See you at Hamvention! I won't be coming to the dinner. :-(

• Larry Benoit
    Larry Benoit Member ✭✭

Hi Mike,

Is there a forthcoming update to SmartSDR v2.7.6 incorporating the bug fixes and core improvements in v3.3.29?

Will a v2.x SD card become available in the Flex Store when the v2.x update is released?

Larry KB1VFU

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

@Larry Benoit

Nothing that I can comment on at this time. Sorry.

• David N4IW
    David N4IW Member ✭✭

Hi Mike,

Since I am in no hurry, is it possible to have regular First Class snail mail for shipping the Backup SD Card? For 2 ounces this would cost less than $1 instead of expensive rush methods. Thanks for considering.

• Mike-VA3MW

Not at this time. USPS has been a problem for us for some reason. We seem to loose a lot of small packages or they go delayed for a month before showing up. Then we reship it via a courier, the customer gets it in a day or 2 only to find out that the original package shows up after 2 weeks and then we have to process getting it returned at our costs.

• David N4IW
    David N4IW Member ✭✭

Ok, thanks Mike.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.