Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Strange MOX behavior

Options
Robert Hall
Robert Hall Member ✭✭
I have a Flex 6400 connected to a Maestro (plus TGXL and PGXL all LAN hard connected). Frequently the MOX engages without any action from me. It will also sometimes engage upon switching modes. Sometimes a simple toggle of the TX button will stop it, while other times it will remain on when the TX is again activated. Once it is un-activated, no voice transmission is possible. Shutting down the Maestro for a while seems to return it to normal operation, only to have this behavior return after awhile. The MOX even activated once while I had left the shack for awhile, only to find a quite warm PGXL! Fortunately I am still running the PGXL on 110v while I iron out the mystery.
Any ideas?

Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

If the MOX engages, then something else commanding it.

Is there any other application connected from the radio?

Any chance the VOX is turned on? If you have confirmed that it is none of the above, I would do a radio reset after saving your profiles first.

If that doesn't work, it would be a good idea to open a support ticket to pursue further.

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Hi Robert, You don't have VOX activated do you? Is transmit DAX selected?

If not, try disconnecting the mic and PTT connections to see if if still happens. Just want to eliminate the possibility that it is a physical PTT switch issue.

If the VOX and DAX are off and the mic/PTT are disconnected and you still get the behavior, try a factory reset after exporting your profiles.

If it still happens, it is probably time to submit a help desk ticket.

• Robert Hall
    Robert Hall Member ✭✭
    Options
    VOX is not on, DAX was off. I will run the rif today with the Mic and PTT disconnected. Thanks for the help.
  • Robert Hall
    Robert Hall Member ✭✭
    Options
    It looks as though the Mic/PTT was the problem. Many thanks for the help!
  • KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Glad I could help!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.