Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Computer not finding 6700

Suddenly my 6700 is not showing up on my computer. I have tried three factory cat 5 cables including the cable I have always used. I have the cable plugged directly into the laptop. I would like to get back on the air before the CQ World Wide Contest at the end of March.

Tagged:

Comments

• W2JV_
    W2JV_ Member ✭✭

A reboot often helps resolve these issues, good luck.

Peter- W2JV

• Erika - KØDD
    Erika - KØDD Member ✭✭✭

Plugging a radio to a computer only works after the pair finds the license server at flex and both the computer and radio are NOT on DHCP... you need to have previously configured the radio and pc for a static ip, and and all the settings need to be compatible. If you'd done this previously before connecting the two together off the internet, one of your config settings was lost. Hook it all back up to the internet and figure out what is misconfiggured

Erika DD

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭

I second the reboot (factory, white light) as a first step. Don’t understand how some of the flakyness happens, but the reboot usually fixes it. After that, it is usually some kind of network/firewall issue. First,turnoff the firewall and see what happens. Network issue is usually ip addresses.

• N4VGE
    N4VGE Member ✭✭

I am having the same problem with my 6700 and have rebooted to factory with white light twice and tried three cat 5 cables. Can I use a USB to USB cable? Thanks to whoever can reply to this and suggest some ideas.

In addition my wife is getting upset after I spent $7,000 for the Flex and then went out and bought a $700 Yaesu a few months ago which works almost as well as the 6700 and doesn't have so many problems.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

If you are having an issue, please open a helpdesk ticket.

No, USB to USB is not possible.

The first thing I look at in this case is the Firewall might be on on your PC. If rebooting/resetting things didn't solve it the first time, that isn't the problem.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.