Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Where do we go from here?

Reference the latest software upgrade 3.3.29. Having read the statement from Flex Radio and viewed all of the posts expressing problems with the latest upgrade my question is 'What do we do now?' I have a 7 year old 6500 on v3 software with original SD card. Do I just take the risk of upgrading or is there some assessment that can be made about nits likely success? I do not wish to crash my rig, particularly as there is no Flex support here in the UK. What is the remedial action by Flex and how long will it take to provide said SD card? Is this easy to change out? We are not all computer experts.

73 Mal G3PDH

Answers

• Ha Gei
    Ha Gei Member ✭✭✭

The SD Card is easy to replace.

I would probably try obtain a spare SD Card before i do the upgrade in your case.

I took a pint of ****, a double single malt, a deep breath and then upgraded my 6400 . I upgraded thru a wifi link , but still inside the local network ... NO PROBLEMS

Harald

DL9NDW

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭

If there is something needed in the update, the risk may be worth it. For me there is nothing that affects my operation. I may try it later when the rush is over.

• Bob K8RC
    Bob K8RC Member ✭✭✭

My read on the situation is "Now? Or Later?".

IF your SD card is still in good shape you'll have no problem upgrading.

If it already has damage, the upgrade will make that obvious so you can deal with it now instead of the weekend when P5 finally comes up on air...

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Hi Mal

As users move to 3.3 and beyond, there is a risk that your SD card may not survive the format to the better, more robust file system. This can happen on older radios with cards that were stressed by the issues we had in early version 2.

If it fails to reboot, please open a support ticket and we will immediately get a card moving to you via  UPS WW Express that will arrive in 1-3 days. In the meantime, you can take a #8 TORX driver to remove the covers and locate the card. The documentation will be provided.

73 for now...

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.