Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

MultiFlex sign on

How am I able to sign into my friends Flex that has the Multiflex software without using his Smartlink credentials? I can do that now using his credentials but only one of us can be on the radio at a time. As I recall there is a way to connect without his SmartLink credentials but need help. Thanks. Rick N4WRW

Best Answer

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓

@Rick Wykoff You can always call me at my extension x222. If I am free, I will answer.

Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

@Rick Wykoff

You will need to use his SmartLink credentials.

2 people can use the radio at the same time with the same login. I am not sure what sort of restriction you are seeing, but you are limited to the total number of slices the radio is capable of supporting.

If it is 6400, as example, you can each have 1 slice.

• Rick Wykoff
    Rick Wykoff Member ✭✭

Thanks Mike. This morning when we tried it when he was on and I saw the yellow dot next to his radio from my device and then I connected and he advised it threw him off. We will try again later today and Ill let you know.

de Rick N4WRW

• Mike-VA3MW

What model of radio?

How many slices did your other operator have open?

• Rick Wykoff
    Rick Wykoff Member ✭✭

We figured it out Mike. He is running the 6600 and we are both able to log in to that radio at the same time. We can transmit on different bands but never at the same time. Will get back with you if we need any additional help. Thanks so much for your rapid response. On the learning curve for Multi Flex!

• Mike-VA3MW

Make sure you are both not trying to use any profiles with the same name.

• Rick Wykoff
    Rick Wykoff Member ✭✭
    edited May 2022

Good morning Mike. We are trying to set up a Flex 6500 at new remote location. Right now we have two Flex radios at one location. Tried to change the sign in credentials for smartlink for radio number two but was not able to do that. Would it be the IP address that's holding us up. i e two radios from the same IP address does not allow us to change the Smartlink credentials? Thanks again,

Rick N4WRW

• Mike-VA3MW

Hi

You can actually do that and have 2 radios under 1 set of log in credentials. You will then have to so a PTT registration.

I've done it a few times where I have had to move radios between users.

I think the key part is to highlight the radio you want to work on first, then make the changes you want to make. I did a quick video here that might help you out:

I was running SmartSDR on a PC local to the radios I wanted to modify.

• Rick Wykoff
    Rick Wykoff Member ✭✭

Thanks Mike. Sure wish I could talk to you on the phone. Is there a number where I can call you? Still have some questions as we are trying to set up a flex at our club station location and let club members sign in on a different set of Smartlink credentials. Trying it out at our homes before moving the radio to a new location at the club house and are having issues. Maybe I need to create a support ticket and you can call me.

What is the best way?

Rick

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Rick, SmartLink does not allow for multiple credentials for the same radio. You have to set up SmartLink, then share the logon ID and password with club members. Not an ideal club scenario, but it is what many clubs do whether or not they are running Flex equipment.

• Rick Wykoff
    Rick Wykoff Member ✭✭

We will have a separate radio just dedicated for the club, a 6500. Right now there is a 6600 and a 6500 for the club station with the same smartlink sign in credentials. Both at the same home QTH. Our issue is how to change the log in credentials for the 6500. Then we would share those credentials with club members who want to remote in to the 6500 when we move it to the club house location.

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited May 2022

Hi Rick. OK I see what you are trying to do. Start SmartSDR, click on Settings, Choose Radio and unregister the club station from that account:

Now you can set up a new SmartLink account for the club radio. I don't have my radio here now to verify that what I am saying is exactly right, so let me know if you have any problems with this.

EDIT: I think that you will need to hit the SmartLink Setup button to get the above screen.

• Rick Wykoff
    Rick Wykoff Member ✭✭

Thanks Len. I will try to unregister as you suggest.

Rick

• Rick Wykoff
    Rick Wykoff Member ✭✭

Here is our issue now... We have the "Club Radio" set up at its location. three of us have the log in credentials for that radio. However, when we use the club credentials (user ID and Password) we set up for the club radio it takes us to one of our members radio and vice versa. When we sign in using our members credentials it take us to the club radio. Not sure how that happened or how to remedy.

Also, when we sign in our radios on our Maestro's we don't see the radio choices that we have already signed in to. All three of us are running the most current version of the software. 3.329

Any suggestions? Rick, N4WRW

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.