Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

order new beast gaming windows 11 SmartSDR?

I don't game just wanted a lot of horsepower in a PC. It come with windows 11. Has anyone got window 11 and SmartSDR working?

Jim

WU5E

Comments

• Robby
    Robby Member ✭✭

Yes

• KT5N  Jeff
    KT5N Jeff Member ✭✭

Hi Jim, I assembled a new computer about a year ago - AMD Ryzen 3700x, 16GB of RAM, new NVME SSD. I used windows 10 and SmartSDR. I had problems with CAT and DAX ports repeatedly. I installed Windows 11 two weeks ago and so far, all is well. I don't think SmartSDR needs a lot of CPU horsepower, but nothing wrong with horsepower either.

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭

Yes, but a high power pc is not needed for SmartSDR. I have run it successfully on mid range laptop with win 7. Multi panadapters take more power and other programs can also use more resources.

• Val  DM1TX
    Val DM1TX Member ✭✭

Hi Jim,

Myself using a modest self build AMD Ryzen 5 PC with NVMe and 16GB RAM and Win11. SSDR and all related software that I have previously used on Windows 10 working without any issues.

• VE7ATJ_Don
    VE7ATJ_Don Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2022

Absolutely running Win11! No problems for me at all. Not running a 'powerhouse' (intel core i5), but take a look at the 'minimum specs' for SmartSDR before buying/building. I believe at least a quad core is now recommended and 16G RAM is a best bet.

I went for a desktop, rather than a laptop this time, due to better availability (expected?) of a RJ-45 ethernet jack. Getting hard to find those coming standard in laptops these days. :-)

• Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭

Easy to find small Apple Thunderbolt/USB4 to RJ45 Ethernet converters for Mac laptops. I suspect the same is true for Windows laptops.

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭

I used a USB to RJ45 adapter I bought off Amazon with my Toshiba laptop. Windows 10 recognized it and added drivers quickly. I use it with my 6600M and a Hermes lite 2 on my home network with no issues. I have also ran both directly with it as well. Was under $10.00 delivered.

James

WD5GWY

• Larry Benoit
    Larry Benoit Member ✭✭

FYI, I recently acquired a Microsoft Surface Laptop 4 with a 15" display, AMD Ryzen 7 CPU and Windows 10. It will not load DAX drivers due to a defect in the DAX driver caused by incompatibility with Windows virtualization-based security (VBS) on this particular PC. Disabling Memory Integrity did not resolve the problem.

This issue has been confirmed and logged by Flex as defect number: SMART-8210. The defect is apparently manifest in some newer computers running Windows 10 or 11 with advanced support of VBS (Intel VT-x and AMD-V CPUs). Disappointedly, it may be a long time before this defect is fixed.

Larry KB1VFU

• Erika - KØDD
    Erika - KØDD Member ✭✭✭

I have all the ssdr features turned up for the finest resolution. It does take horse power then. I have ssdr, hrd, wsjtx, ddutil and stacks all running... plus outlook email, and a browser on 4 monitors... I can now feel the xeon's age now showing... 16gigs of ram is <1/2 used. And the nvidea four port k1200 is running at 9%... with just one slice up. I expect a lot out of my computers... it is getting to the point I need an intel processor with high 12000s for a number. Haha.

• w1smc
    w1smc Member ✭✭
    edited April 2022

I'm running Windows 11 Pro on a new PC build without issue. Running the following software concurrently: SSDR, TGXL, PGXL, AG, FRStack, Slice Master, CW Skimmer, LOG4OM 2. Also running Windows Sub-System for Linux with HamClock.

Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X (16-Core) 4.9 GHz Turbo

Motherboard: ASUS Pro WS X570-ACE (Workstation Class) (AMD X570 Chipset)

System Memory: 64GB DDR4 3600MHz HyperX Fury RGB

Graphics Card: GeForce RTX 3090 24GB (VR Ready) (Founders Edition)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.