Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6600 and 10 Meters

Options
When I change bands to 10 meters, the radio totally locks up. I have to restart. Happens every time. Tried re-installing SMART SDR 3.2.39 to no avail. Need advise please.

Best Answers

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Lewis, That is not normal behavior. The first thing to try is a factory reset. Be sure to export your profiles first.

If that does not fix the issue, I would submit a help desk ticket.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

I would suggest resetting the radio after you back up your profiles. Yours is a somewhat unique issue, so that is why I recommend giving it a shot.

Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

When you change bands or when you transmit on 10M?

How are you changing bands? With logging software or by changing bands with SmartSDR? ios? Maestro?

What model of radio?

I'll need you to describe a bit more of your operating setup.

• Lewis Mead
    Lewis Mead Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for the help. When I am changing bands with Smart SDR, meanwhile, I sometimes operate remote on my iPad and it changes to 10 meters with out issue
  • Lewis Mead
    Lewis Mead Member ✭✭
    Options
    I did a hard reset and all is back to normal. Thanks for VA3MN and KD0RC!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.