Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Using DJ controllers with Flex 6xxx: Solution

Mike VE3CKO
Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭

I have both a Maestro and a Flex Controller where the Maestro is located at Studio B in my home. The Flex Controller is great but there are times more often than not that I wish I had more buttons and knobs. A 2nd Maestro was out of the question. I used a Hercules DJcontrol Compact with my Anan 8000DLE for a period of time and I wanted to see if this controller could be used with the my 6700 and put out queries elsewhere in the community and found out that there was a 3rd party code that worked some years ago but the dropbox links are all dead and wasn't making any progress. Then I remembered seeing something about N4PY software having some compatibility with a few controller so I looked up John K2MA thread and started on that path.

Downloaded the software and followed the instructions but no luck, so I emailed Carl N4PY asking what am I missing. Got a response later that afternoon and within a few hours he added my controller to his software and got a few buttons working. After a few more back and forth email I sent him details on every button, slider and knob and shortly after that he again updated his software with all the additions that included the new hcompact.ini file for my controller. Now I can easily edit the .ini file to assign whatever button/slider/knob to the desired Flexradio command. Support from Carl was just amazing, his instructions were clear and precise. His software also recognizes:

• Hercules DJ Control Compact
  • Hercules DJ Control MP3 E2 and MP3 LE
  • Behringer CMD Micro MIDI DJ Controller
  • Behringer Studio 2A MIDI DJ Controller
  • Numark DJ2GO2 DJ Control

I'm going to eventually print labels to put on the controller. This is a very nice addition to the shack and will be in conjunction with my Stream Deck.

Comments

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Very cool Mike. Does it use CAT or the API?

• Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭

Opps, I thought I posted my reply days ago, sorry for the delay.

It uses API, SmartSDR must be running first, then employ Pegasus it detects the Flex and bingo.

• KD0RC

Excellent! With the API, the sky is the limit on what you can do.

• Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭

There seems to be a limited list of API accessible at this time. I'm in communication with Carl to how easy would it be to add a bunch more F6K binds in the .ini

• KD0RC

Not surprising. It would be extremely tedious to code for absolutely everything. I am sure he will start with the most likely used features, then add as demand dictates. I put in way more functionality than I ever expected when I built my gizmo. It was the same thing - build the basics, then add a feature at a time until the screen is full... :- )

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.