Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How does SmartSDR find the Flex Control

Options
Bob Cheek
Bob Cheek Member ✭✭

Does anyone know how SmartSDR finds the Flex Control. I know that the Flex Control is serial/USB. Mine usually comes up as COM3. The reason I ask is that I am running SmartSDR on a virtual Windors machine on Linux. Everything works good, except SmartSDR doesn't see the Flex Control. I have the Flex Control configured from /dev/ttyACM0 to COM3 on the virtual windors machine. I can see the Flex Control on the virtual machine, I can communicate with it via a serial terminal program...Putty...and DDUTIL can see and communicate with the Flex Control. That is how I am controlling the SmartSDR on the virtual machine now, using DDUTIL. I would like to have the Flex Control attached directly to SmartSDR, but it can't see the Flex Control.

Comments

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

I don't know enough about VM's, but if there is a way to 'mirror' the /tty/USBx port into Windows, it might see it. You need to look and see how hardware ports are mapped via Linux to the VM.

SmartSDR actually finds it by using the actual device name.

• Bob Cheek
    Bob Cheek Member ✭✭
    Options

I see now what is going on. The FlexControl driver didn't load. On the Virtual machine the FlexControl shows up on COM3 under the name of "Communications Port." On a real windows machine it is "FlexControl USB Control Knob."

I tried loading the FlexControl driver manually and it crashed my Virtual Windows machine very badly. I had to roll back to an older configuration to get it back.

For now I will stick with using DDUTIL with the FlexControl.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.