Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Problems with SmartLink using ATT Router without PnP

tomblasco
tomblasco Member ✭✭

I have recently purchased a 6600M. I tried to set up Smartlink on a mesh (EERO pro) wifi. That didn't work. So I spent a lot of time attaching my computer and 6600M to the LAN by ethernet.

This setup still did not automatically establish network settings because my AT&T router does not allow PnP!

Now I am in the 'port forwarding' mess with lots of issues related to individual ISP routers variations, with no Flex support available. I have two questions:

Do I set up port forwarding for just the radio's IP address (192.168.1.68)? What about the front panel with an IP address of 192.168.1.67?

What address numbers do I use for the external TCP/UDP port forwarding?

Thank you!

Tom KD9TB

Comments

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Tom, Flex support is available. I would submit a help desk ticket if you have not already done so.

• Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭

Tom

Alan, here, across the lake from you in Michigan.

For your port forward questions;

Forward two ports, each, to your Flex Radio IP address. No need to do anything with the "M" front panel IP address.

UDP port 4993 to your Flex IP

TCP port 4994 to your Flex IP.

In the Smart Link setup, be sure these same port are entered, as a manual setup.

Alan. WA9WUD

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

I want to add a bit on this.

If you don't know anything about port forwarding, please open a support ticket. Now is not the time to guess about it. :) If you have to to hard code ports then you also really need to do a TCP/IP reservation on the radio so that its IP address never changes.

We don't recommend using the same port of both sides of the firewall. While there is nothing wrong with it, it is a bit better to use another port way up, like 22000 and 23000.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.