Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Rapid Bandswitching

Options
WC6Y
WC6Y Member ✭✭

Maybe there's an easier way ... I like to have three CW bands displayed on a big screen and hop between them, copying calls which are then labeled on the display. To move from working a station on one band to calling a station on another band I find I need to:

a) turn off the audio on the old slice (speaker icon on slice receiver info display flag)

b) turn on the audio on the new slice

c) move TX to new slice by clicking that icon on the new slice rcvr info display flag

d) activate tuning on the new slice receiver by clicking on new slice frequency indicator bar.

It would be nice if there was a macro or something that would reduce these four mouse clicks to one (Cntl double click the new signal?). I find I sometimes forget to make one of the clicks resulting in either tuning on the wrong band or, worse, transmitting on the wrong band.

6600 using SmartSDR 3.2.39

Thoughts?

Tagged:

Comments

• Mike Steventon
    Mike Steventon Member ✭✭✭
    Options

It might be possible, if you use say a StreamDeck or a LoupeDeck, as you are able to "stack" instructions the one after the other using the one press of the button. I know this is possible on the LoupeDeck as I use one for similar. e.g. mute slice "A" then unmute slice "b". Easily done, especially with Mac software, as it uses Midi commands, which allow a small delay between instructions within the button press to ensure smooth change.

Might be worth a shot??

Mike.

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

@WC6Y Let me start by saying that it is good to see someone really getting their money's worth out of a 6600!

The functionality is already available in FRStack.

Setup like this, selecting a slice enables tuning, un-mutes it and sets it to TX.

Here is a link:

• Rich M5RIC
    Rich M5RIC Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I use streamdeck to do what you want, one button will do all of that.

Of course its FR Stack doing the work, the streamdeck just calls a series of functions.

It can do a lot more too.

Rich

• Ken Wells
    Ken Wells Community Manager admin
    Options

If you are using the FRStack tool, and also have a FlexControl Knob, set one of your AUX buttons to "Toggle Active Slice."

Now when you use that button to step between your three active slices, FRStack will change everything else, and you can start tuning the active slice with the FlexControl Knob. (I wouldn't be without mine!)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.