Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Wireless home internet

Tim KE4UK
Tim KE4UK Member ✭✭

I have everything I need to operate remote with the exception of a decent internet connection. I can connect and, after intermittent times, will disconnect just listening, transmitting is worse as it disconnects immediately. I have a 6 mbps and below, mostly below, download and less than 1 mbps upload. My question is this. Has anyone tried or are using a wireless home internet with 5g. I discovered that I am in an area that, with a popular provider, provides Home internet 5g. Has anyone had any experience with a wireless home internet. If it does what it says it does my speeds would increase a lot and perhaps would better my remote experience. Thanks, Tim KE4UK

Best Answer

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓

@Tim Nolen_KE4UK

Your 1mb/sec upload is part of the problem and if you are running your panadapter/waterfall at 100% you will max out your upload bandwidth resulting in what you are seeing.

Slice these 2 sliders all the way to the left and see if your experience improves. If you have them all the way to the right, your upload bandwidth will be in the 1.6mb/sec area and that is more than you want.

Answers

• Ha Gei
    Ha Gei Member ✭✭✭

We have used 4G mobile internet a few times to connect a laptop to the Flex at the clubstation, which worked good. Some guys in Switzerland use 4G too at their remote site.

Just be sure you have a unlimited or at least high volume plan.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.