Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex6400 WSJTX problem

Cees
Cees Member ✭✭
edited April 2022 in Third-Party Software

Hi members,

Recently I've a WSJTX decoding problem. Actually from one day to the next I get almost no decoded stations on the screen, where I noticed that the color pattern in the Wide graph had also changed, I have now restored that. At first you think, okay it must be the antenna, but that is not the case, because I 've this phenomenon on both antennas, vertical and dipole.

The DAX, CAT and SDR settings have remained unchanged, and I have also checked against my well-documented settings.

I'm attaching some print screens that hopefully will help you track down what went wrong here.

Hopefully you can help me with this, I'm very curious where the cause is now.

kind regards,

Cees, PA3CVI

Comments

• Bob K8RC
    Bob K8RC Member ✭✭✭

Have you checked you computer's clock?

Windows does self-correct but it does so on an irregular schedule leaving you computer with a large time offset. If the error gets big enough the system quits decoding until the next time the clock corrects itself.

Running Dimension 4 or other clock-correcting software on your system will prevent this from happening.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Thanks for the screen shots. Very helpful.

On your WSJTx waterfall, you only show decoding up to 1800hz. And, I suspect you want to go up to 3000hz or so.

On your WSJTx waterfall, change the Bins/pixel setting to 2 to 4 (or 5) and see if that helps.

WSJTx will only decode the width of the waterfall.

• Cees
    Cees Member ✭✭

Bob K8RC:

Too bad Bob, the installation and setup of dimension4 is not the solution. At first I thought this could be the cause, but it isn't. My PC clock now shows the correct Dutch time. I have selected the NTP server.

Mike-VA3MW

Sorry Mike, unfortunately this Bins/pixel setting to 2 to 4 (or 5) doesn't help, result negative.

All members:

The weird thing is that the Detection button flashes regularly but shows no detection on the screen.

Maybe then "a light will shine" with the WSJT users. Hopefully I'll get the mistake I'm making.

Regards and 73, Cees, PA3CVI

• Cees
    Cees Member ✭✭

Solution

The problem was such that none of the members have given a solution yet.

I really looked all the information and tutorials, but I didn't find the solution.

Still, Bob's K8RC, hint kept running through my head.

My PC clock was set to the local time and I thought if I would set it to the UTC time.

Oops, yes the problem is solved !!

I haven't seen an option in WSJTX where you can set the time difference, both of which are so easy.

Still, I'm not completely satisfied with having to change my PC clock.

Maybe now someone knows who can give me a better solution.

Cees

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.