Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Is there a methdod to record audio and panadapter display?

Looking...have not found an answer. I realize a large amount of data could be stored...not a problem.

Answers

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

The panadapter display has a history function so that you can scroll back in time. click in the timeline on the right hand side of the waterfall (under the LIVE annunciator). The display will stop and you can scroll back by dragging the timeline. Click the LIVE annunciator to go live again. I don't know of a way to record this for future use.

The audio can also be recorded, but not saved using the SmartSDR application. Audacity and other 3rd party audio applications can do this easily.

• W7QEX
    W7QEX Member ✭✭

Thanks....aware of and have Audacity.

There may not be an easy way to record waterfall info...reason for asking the community. If one wanted to record signal characteristics and other parameters, plus what the signal sounded like, the SDR application could be a very useful tool to identify signal sources.

If you get any brainstorms please let me know.

• Mr Radio
    Mr Radio Member ✭✭

Here is a free screen recorder from IOBIT.

Tom

• Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭

OBS Studio

• W7QEX
    W7QEX Member ✭✭

Thank you...this is what I hoped would be part of the responses. BR

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

I use this all the time.

• W7QEX
    W7QEX Member ✭✭

Thanks....it doesn't look like it records audio. however, I downloaded iTOP Screen Recorder and will give it a try.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Yes, it records audio just fine. I've used it for all my presentations.

• W7QEX
    W7QEX Member ✭✭

Thanks...will check it out too.

• W7QEX
    W7QEX Member ✭✭

what does it cost?

• Mike-VA3MW

There are a few pricing plans as it depends on if you are a teacher or not. You can check the web page.

I thought that $36 for 3 years was pretty inexpensive.

• W7QEX
    W7QEX Member ✭✭

Not bad...less expensive than upgrading to the Pro version of iTOP...which I did. Right now I'm desperately trying to get my audio operational from the PC. Using Bose headset that works fine with Zoom etc....but can't seem to connect mic audio to flex. Frustrating!!

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

In Win 10 and 11, in settings, then Privacy, make sure you enable to allow mic to be used by other apps. If it works with Zoom then most likely this is already enabled.

Or use PC audio for RX and mic direct to radio (mic or balanced in).

Dave wo2x

• Mike-VA3MW

I went back and read what you are trying to do. It might be better to just record the IQ streams and then analyze that data.

• W7QEX
    W7QEX Member ✭✭

Agreed...right now I'm trying to get my Tx audio operational from the WIN10 computer using a Bose headset (mic installed). Rx audio is OK....but the settings are not right on computer I think.

• hfradioguy
    hfradioguy Member
    Not trying to knock this off-topic, but I see a recommendation to record the IQ samples for analysis. I have an application where I want to record, analyze, then playback an IQ file using a Flex 6700. Is this possible? any suggested methods or tools would be appreciated.
  • W7QEX
    W7QEX Member ✭✭

Will work on it....good idea!!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.