Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

New Flex, Issues with Smartsdr cat

gi4fue
gi4fue Member ✭✭
Hi

I just took delivery of a second hand 6500. Installed SSDR 3.2.39 and ran the VSPE installer. Device manager shows 4 VSP's installed, but none show in the SmartSDR CAT window. If I install new VSP's they show up as they should. I have tried deleting the original 4 VSP's, and they will delete, but show up again on reboot. effectively they are unusable as they are not allocated to any device or slice. Any Ideas guys? Running 8th Gen Intel I7 nuc, and Win 11

73, Charlie GI4FUE

Comments

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Hi

There is no requirement to use a VSPE at all as SmartSDR CAT has those features.

You can use a VSPE but those will not show up in SmartSDR CAT.

Go into SmartSDR CAT and ADD the ports you required. The Add.. is in the bottom left.

Mike

• gi4fue
    gi4fue Member ✭✭
    Hi Mike

I think we are talking at cross purposes. when i said I ran the VSPE installer, I meant the fabulatech one in the SSDR directory. when I checked in device manager, there were 4 pairs coms 3&103, 4&104 10&110 and 20&120. These do not appear in SSDR Cat. I have uninstalled them and they now show under unknown devices as FabulaTech_virtualPorts 02,03,09,19,102,103,109&119. I have successfully created other Cat/PTT etc pairs, but cannot get rid of these ones to free up the comport addresses

73, Charlie GI4FUE
  • gi4fue
    gi4fue Member ✭✭
    like this
  • gi4fue
    gi4fue Member ✭✭
    This was after deleting all the unknown devices and then reinstalling FlexVSP. I had previously created com's 19 & 21, but get message saying serial port failed to save
  • gi4fue
    gi4fue Member ✭✭
    pic
  • gi4fue
    gi4fue Member ✭✭
    I think I have found the solution.......i followed the instructions in this post...https://community.flexradio.com/discussion/comment/19718961#Comment_19718961

Now working as expected - no mention that i can find in the documentation though

73, Charlie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.