Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Wide mode while running ALE

I have done some testing with an ALE software developer a while back to help remove any clicking that occurs while scanning ALE witht he Flex 6000 series radios. I am noticing I have clicking once again and believe it is due to the WIDE Filter mode becoming active on a couple of the frequencies being scanned. I am unable to get this to turn off or find a means to do so. Any ideas on how to disable the wide filter or simply enable it for all frequencies? THis clicking is a concern as any moving switch will eventually degrade and break down.

Comments

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Hi Glenn

The only way to deal with this would be to have the Wide filter on (all band pass filters dis-engaged) would be to zoom out your waterfall so that it has to include areas beyond the ham bands.

Or, maybe try turning on the Wide Noise Blanker but at a 0% setting since the Wide Noise Blanker need to look at a large part of the spectrum.

• Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭

In a different Panadapter, I would open another slice in the BC or General band connected to the same antenna. This should force WIDE in all ham bands if they are using the same antenna.

AL, K0VM

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭

Wide is on anytime more than one ham band is selected, or a frequency outside any ham band Is in view on the display. When Wide is off, it indicates that the band pass filter for a single band is being employed. Since these filters are single band, they must be off (Wide indicated) to allow other signals through.

• Glenn Depp
    Glenn Depp Member ✭✭

We need a selection to disable I suppose. 99% of the ALE I am running is not Amateur related. SO this is an issue.

• W3TAC_Tony
    W3TAC_Tony Member ✭✭

My ALE Experience:

Before scanning with the 6500 and 6600, manually step thru each ALE channel ensuring the following:

TX is VFO-B

WIDE Mode is displayed for each channel

RF GAIN (pre-amps) are set the same db level per channel

Note: With the 6500 - the only way I could eliminate relay clacking at 2 MHZ and below was to delete the frequency.

• W3TAC_Tony
    W3TAC_Tony Member ✭✭

Almost forgot...during ALE scanning, to prevent Flex radios from reverting back to LSB near or in the lower HF ham bands; select USB-D mode in the ALE software.

• W3TAC_Tony
    W3TAC_Tony Member ✭✭

If Flex Software is the Radio...maybe it's time for a Flex ALE Software Package? I'll buy it!!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.