Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

cat for slices A and B

On my new 6400M I have a profile setup for 20M CW (slice A) and 40M CW (slice B), both on the radio front panel. Logger 32 is connected using SDR Cat to comm 10 and slice A. If I make a contact on slice A it logs and works great. Then I switch to slice B, make a contact, but Logger32 is still connected to slice A. So I have to pull up SDR Cat and change the comm10 to slice B and then log the contact and it works fine.

Is that what I must do? I don't suppose I can connect Logger32 to 2 comm ports at the same time? Or can I?

I'm finding there are lots of things I can do with my new Flex 6400M that I never thought possible, I just need to know that it is possible. And then how to do it.

Fred, K0FG

Comments

• K0FG_Fred
    K0FG_Fred Member ✭✭

Another question when using the above setup how can I load a profile into slice B? No matter what I do anytime I load a profile it always goes to slice A, not into slice B.

I want to leave slice A (20M CW) alone. But I want to load 40M SSB into slice B to work the P5 that was maybe just spotted, I don't have him yet on 40 meters, or 20, or?

Fred, K0FG

• Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭

Fred, I don't know about Logger32, but my logger of choice has a drop-down menu that allows me to choose which CAT interface I am currently connected to. I simply switch it to the appropriate slice CAT control interface before logging a contact. You can have as many CAT interfaces as you like, connected to the same or different slices - it just depends on whether your logger allows for the same.

• K0FG_Fred
    K0FG_Fred Member ✭✭

Hi Ted. You are correct. I setup 2 radio configurations in Logger32, connected slice A to comm 10 and slice B to comm 14.

Assuming I have Logger32 connected to comm 10 (slice A) then to switch to logging from comm 14 (slice B) I go to Logger32, click on radio, close radio port, select use radio 2 config, open radio 2 port and then I can log from slice B. Is that about how it operates on your logging software?

I think I just found an easier way, I hope. If I use the A<>B button I can swap the frequencies of the slices and then the logging program picks up whatever slice A is using. Then hit the A<>B button again and I'm back tot3 the way I was.

That is sweet.

Fred, K0FG

• Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭

I just set up as many CAT ports as I need, Fred, one for each slice (as many as I need or want - my radio supports 4 slices). I operate a 6600M, but usually not near the radio. Because I operate almost exclusively digital, I connect each digital application to a slice, and its corresponding CAT port and DAX connection for audio. Auto Tx switching transmits from the appropriate slice. In fact I often don’t even run SSDR along side the digital apps - I just set up CAT and audio channels to the two slices I have open on the radio front panel. If I need more than is supported by the “M” front panel, I run SSDR for Mac for two more. It’s so much easier than using my K3 (although I still love that radio and won’t ever give it up :-)

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

This video might help.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.