Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Manual Tuning question

Ian
Ian Member ✭✭

I have just completed the upgrade to the new firmware 1.1.8 and I noticed that you can not manually tune and antenna while transmitting using the utility or at the tuner. I used to do this all the time on my 80 and 160 antennas. Did I miss something or am i doing something wrong ??

Ian VE3JI

Answers

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Ian, how much power are you trying to tune with? I don't have a TGXL, but my KPA 500 won't tune if the power is over a certain amount. I normally tune with 10 watts.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Hi Ian

I created a ticket for you. Sorry I wasn't able to make breakfast this morning.

• Ian
    Ian Member ✭✭

Hi Len

I tune at 22 watts as per the TGXL requirements to set the saved setting on the TGXL, but what I meant was will in full transmit mode whether the PGXL is on or not ... I need to tweak my SWR with my wire antennas usually due to ice or snow. I used to do this before the firmware upgrade and now I can not

Hi Mike ... thanks for setting up the ticket. There will always be another breakfast to come and with gas prices it will be more expensive to travel .... just means more time for QSOs

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.