Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartLink Service down?

Options
Hi everyone

Is there an issue with the SmartLink Services?
I'm unable to connect from Switzerland using different ISP and different clients (SmartSDR MacOS ans iOS)

73 Christian, HB9HJQ

Best Answer

• Johan SE3X
    Johan SE3X Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2022 Answer ✓
    Options

Just connected to a Flex 6600 in Sweden. No problem, works with my iPad.

GL, 73, Johan, SE3X

Answers

• Johan SE3X
    Johan SE3X Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    Options

Works with SSDR from my PC as well.

• HB9HJQ
    HB9HJQ Member ✭✭
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Thank you Johan for testing!

Just gave it another try and SmartLink is working again here. It still requires more than one connection attempt, but at least im connected to my radio now.

73 Christian, HB9HJQ
  • Johan SE3X
    Johan SE3X Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    Options

Good to hear Christian. I have almost never any problems with SmartLink. Have been using it quite a lot from august last year until januari this year. Connecting with different phone as router, with fiber, WiFi at office, never had to try twice as I recall.

You have probably made sure your way of connecting is reliabel. But it sounds to me, the way you describe it, that it is a glitch on the connection side. I do hope you will solve it and get over your connection issues.

73, Johan

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Make sure SmartSDR for iOS and MAC is not set to look for only Local radios. This seems to be a setting that can get reset at times.

• HB9HJQ
    HB9HJQ Member ✭✭
    Options
    I had no problems in the past, except the outage we all remember.
    The settings in the client are checked, everything is fine.

Spent some time analyzing the network traffic and was able to track it down to connection issues with Microsoft Cloud services (flexradio.cloudapp.net) - Contacting the ISPs NOC confirmed peering issues with Microsoft AS since yesterday. Should be resolved within hours, they are working on it.

Sorry for the false alert.

73, Christian

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.