Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Setting the XVTR power?

I am needing to set the XVTR port power to allow the transverter a TX of 5w. What is the way to enter this in the box in the XVTR setup?

Comments

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Bill, In SmartSDR, go to Settings, Radio Setup and the lower right hand box sets max power out of the Flex and into the XVTR. 0.0 dBm (shown below) is 1 milliwatt out of the Flex. When RF out is set to 100, you get 1 mW out in this example. You need to look at the documentation on your transverter to see what level in you need for5 W out.

Len, KD0RC

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭

Thanks, I am shooting for around 3w out from transverter. I am trying to set it for that.

• ka9ees
    ka9ees Member ✭✭✭

@Bill -VA3WTB

I set mine for 15 dBm front of the rig is going to show 0-100w. You can extrapolate it from there. Assuming it is linear.

Ed KA9EES

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

HI Bill, to set the transverter for a particular output, you need to know what the transverter expects for input. The max power that the Flex produces at the transverter port is +15 dBm or 31.62 mW. The minimum is -10 dBm or .1 mW. Here is a link to a calculator:

Transverter output is not part of the Flex setup. Flex output to the transverter is what you can set. This is why you need to look at the transverter documentation to see what it expects in the way of input. Make sense?

Len

• GeorgeK
    GeorgeK Member ✭✭
    having a problem with output to xvtr. no matter where I set the max power any level from -5 to +30 the output is always 12 mw into xvtr this is with pwr slider at 100%. If I reduce slider to 1 watt It comes down to about 7 mw.
    What am I doing wrong?
  • Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭

What is the IF Frequency? The maximum for most is 10mw. The value you enter into the transverter setup, sets the "range" the power slider is set for, but, the actual output is limited mostly to 10mw.

Try using 10mw in the transverter settings.

Below, is a screenshot from the Smart SDR Manual, for what I say.

Alan. WA9WUD

================

• GeorgeK
    GeorgeK Member ✭✭

Yes , I have read the manual and various forums. I understand what you are saying.

The IF is 28mhz. No matter what value I use in the max power setting 0 to 20 dbm there is no change in output to inverter. This is with the pwr slider at 100%

If I reduce this setting to 1 watt on the slider I get about 5mw out. Again the setting on the flex setting does not make a diff. I have removed the settings and restarted ahve restarted computer I have tried all things I can think of including reading manual and various foeums. After 3 months I am asking for help

Thank you

George w2agr

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

George

If the XVTR power is not changing when you vary the power slider (measure in percent, not watts) then please open a support ticket. It does work as you think it should.

I suspect they are going to ask you to reset the radio database.

• Marcelo PY1KN
    Marcelo PY1KN Member ✭✭

Hi

I am trying to set my 144MHZ-28MHz transverter output power to +15.0 dBm in the setup window, but it returns to 10.0. The manual states that on this IF I could go up to +15.0. Any clues?

PY1KN

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

The maximum power available is +10dbm.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.