Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

USB-Mic Issue in Smartlink Mode

Options

Hello to all,

I've been looking all day for an answer to my problem with a USB headset that I'm running on a PC where I access my F6400 via Smartlink.

The USB-headset (Konix KX-GH-PS7-P4) is connected to the PC and defined there as a standard audio device. I hear the reception very well and when I speak into the microphone, the level meter for the modulation also beats out.

However, my speech is not transmitted, the transmitter is not modulated while I press MOX and speak. The DAX function is switched off, the MIC profile is "Default" and the microphone selection is set to "PC". The PROC is enabled, +ACC is grey.

I can't explain it anymore, tutorials on Youtube only briefly explain that you have to make sure it is the default device. That is the case with me! Is there anything to read about this that I can help myself with?

I don't think it's a problem with the microphone because it works very well in many other situations (video conferencing). And I also see the mic gain deflecting correctly without overdriving. But I have no idea anymore and my English is not really perfect, so I guess I quickly just read over subtleties in documentations :-(

73s de Tor

DM1TS

Comments

• Jeff_W4DD
    Jeff_W4DD Member ✭✭
    Options

I assume you also have "PC Audio" turned on (blue) at the top right of the page.

• Tor
    Tor Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi Jeff,

yes - "PCAudio" is on. If it's off I dont have any sound from the system

73s de Tor

DM1TS

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Can you post a screen shot of SmartSDR please including all the controls on the right side.

It sounds like you have DAX enabled or the wrong Mic input. +ACC is the wrong input, you want to select PC.

PC means PC Mic Input (the default Windows Microphone)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.