Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Any word about a TGXL Utility for the Mac?

When running remote with the Mac, it would be very useful to see the TGXL utility screen and controls.

73, Brian, W9HLQ

Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Hi Brian

Nothing I can share at this time.

Mike

• Brian_W9HLQ
    Brian_W9HLQ Member ✭✭

Thanks for the reply. I know I am not missing anything. I will hope someone is working on an IOS or MacOS version for us. -Brian, W9HLQ

• Mike Steventon
    Mike Steventon Member ✭✭✭

Me too.

Mike G4GWH

• w5ll
    w5ll Member ✭✭

Would be nice if it were integrated within SmartSDR for MAC as well.

• Mike Steventon

I have contacted 4O3A direct about this, just this week gone. They advise me that they are working on the problem:...........This is their reply:-

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

For now, there is only Windows Utility available.

Mac version is in the making at the moment and hopefully, we will release it soon for both PGXL and TGLX after it passes all internal tests.

Thank you for understanding.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I am reasonably satisfied with the statement, so all we can do now is sit and wait for the release.

I suspect that Marcus will provide enhancement within SSDR for Mac only once the 4O3A utility becomes available for Mac computers. There is nothing he can do until it is available.

Looking forward to it!!

Mike G4GWH

• Richard
    Richard Member ✭✭

Mike, my only warning is be careful if you take the program from 4O3A instead of Flex. This is a problem with two groups... As has be found in the TGXL Software. 4O3A developed their version but Flex has yet to release their version. There is a small issue reported in the 4O3A versus todays Flex Version... I guess there is little to no control over the Manufacture Versus the "Responsible" Group Versions. I know I certainly would not allow the possibility of having two different software versions with any issues. I don't want to chase the 4O3A Issues if what I have on my site is the fully tested and does not introduce End User Issues. Certainly a PIA for Flex in the Support Group. Just a thought....

• Mike Steventon

Richard.

Now you have me a bit worried. I had downloaded the TGXL Utility from 4O3A website. Are you suggesting they are different? What is the small issue you mention?

I am having some problems with my TGXL. Have a read of my topic headed Tuner Genius Failure. Do you think this may have something to do with my probs.??

73 de Mike G4GWH

• Richard
    Richard Member ✭✭

Mike... Sorry for the delay. Obviously there is something going on as Flex has NOT Released an upgraded the version on their site. Also a comment made on the group was that the the 4O3A Version "Blanked" or in the process of Upgrading from R1.1.6 that it changed or blanked that settings. So an operator spends the time and effort to program his bands versus antennas and performs the Tuning Process and then I upgrade and "all" the presets are gone.... You can see what can and will happen as far as Customer Service is concerned. You try to address one version or the other and not both...... Again... my thoughts and why has Flex NOT Released their or a 4O3A/Flex combined version?

• Eli H
    Eli H Member ✭✭

Dear all,

today i become this answer from marcus roskosch

Yes, all four Genius devices (PGXL, TGXL, AGXL and even the Rotor controller) are already natively supported by both the iOS and the macOS app locally and remotely.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

For some reason, your reply got truncated.

• John WA7UAR
    John WA7UAR Member ✭✭✭

It scrolls across on my iPhone to show the rest of the message.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.