Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

tune button

ok, setup is 6400, HF auto, alpha 9500. when operating from ios, how has everyone been activating tune so HF auto can tune and not keying amp? besides going into tx band settings and turning off for a min. be nice if there was a way to have tune button that wouldnt activate the TX1 on ios so you wouldnt hit tuner full bore.

Thanks in advance.

Rick! KI4P

Answers

• ka9ees
    ka9ees Member ✭✭✭

@KI4P

I am using a Raspberry Pi. I control it with Node-Red. I have one of the header pins control a relay which breaks the PTT line while I tune. I also have the W1TR program running v3.9.6.5. That way I can control the station while I am sitting in my truck somewhere.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

You could use different profiles.

However, you should never be using the tuner on the radio if you are also using an amplifier at the same time. Your tuner should be in bypass.

• ka9ees
    ka9ees Member ✭✭✭

@Mike-VA3MW

Different profiles is a great idea. He and I both have PalStar HF-AUTO tuners. I don't believe either one of us is using the internal tuner.

• KI4P
    KI4P Member ✭✭

Im not using the internal tuner!

ok!

Thanks

• KI4P
    KI4P Member ✭✭

dont know who or how this got marked as answered, BUT!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.