Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

PGXL Display Lighting

There is an option to set the lighting all the way down, however, at first I thought it also affected the display on the PGXL. I usually leave the unit powered on all the time and now the lighting on the display stays on regardless of what I set in the utility. The other lighting to the left of the display follows the setting in the utility. Am I missing something about reducing the intensity of the display on the PGXL?

Don - kx9q

Best Answer

• Ken Wells
    Ken Wells Community Manager admin
    Answer ✓

The Slider in the "other" tab of the Configuration utility only controls the brightness of the LED's behind the handle. It doesn't control the brightness of the screen display.

BTW: The LED Brightness setting only takes effect after you hit SAVE in the configuration utility.

Answers

• DonS
    DonS Member ✭✭✭

Is there any way to control the screen display? At one point in time the screen display actually stopped displaying when I set the brightness in the utility to off or one notch above off. Since I keep the amp on the floor and the power applied all the time it would be great if the brightness could also control the screen display. It is a real pain to turn off the power since the switch is in the back of the unit.

Don - kx9q

• DonS
    DonS Member ✭✭✭

It turns out if you put the amp in STANDBY mode the display turns off in about 1 minute.

Don - kx9q

• KP4IP
    KP4IP Member ✭✭

My PGXL display is always ON even when it's on stand-by, I haven't find the way to turn the display off.

• DonS
    DonS Member ✭✭✭

I should have said the display dims significantly after about one minute. It does not turn off.

Don - kx9q

• KP4IP
    KP4IP Member ✭✭

oh, that is the same behavior as mine. I hope Flex add a feature to completely turn the display off after X amount of time or when the PGXL is not in use. It really doesn't make sense to have the display ON when it is not in use.

@Mike-VA3MW - Not sure if there is a place for feature request on this forum.

• DonS
    DonS Member ✭✭✭

They do it with the TGXL so why not with the PGXL? Good question for Mike.

Don - kx9q

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

This is a common ask. They are aware of it. Likely, other priorities are at play.

Also, as we have learned, not everyone wants it off believe it or not, so, now you need to make it optional and then there is more coding, code review and making sure you don't break something else.

If you code software, you understand fully. :)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.