Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Problems with PTT via SmartSDR CAT (foot switch)

Options

Hello!

My setup: Flexradio 6500, SmartSDR 3.2.39, Windows 10 21H2

I connected a foot switch for PTT to a serial port via SmartSDR CAT.

Sometimes the radio doesn't go on the air. There is no transmission power out.

But I can see the audio control and TX flag. See picture below.

If I then release PTT and press again, it usually works but not always.

Pressing MOX with mouse within SmartSDR does alway work.

Any idea?

Best Answers

• Hardy
    Hardy Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Update: This must be a timing bug within SmartSDR CAT.

As soon as I enable "logging" the failure disapears. Disable logging reenables the failure.

• Hardy
    Hardy Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

I got the answer from the help desk which solved the issue:

>The CAT COM Port PTT was not originally designed for use with an external footswitch, though many have done this.

>The most common cause of the issue you report is "keybounce" on the footswitch causing inconsistent operation.

I put a 470 nF capacitor between the contact of the foot switch and got success.

Answers

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.