Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How to set DAXIQ center frequency ?

Hello everyone
I use the DAXIQ output of the Flex-6400 with SmartSdr to feed MAP65 but whenever I happen to shift the tuning to the extremes of the band it also changes the central DAXIQ frequency.
I would like to know if there is a way to directly set the center band frequency of the panadpter and maybe to block it so that it does not change even if you shift the tuned frequency.
73 Ermanno / ik7ezn

Best Answers

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Not at the rig so can’t test, but maybe set the pan display very wide will keep it centered, rather than shifting.

• Ken Wells
    Ken Wells Community Manager admin
    Answer ✓

If you have a spare panadapter, open it without a slice, and link your program to DAX-IQ on THAT panadapter.

Then set the panadapter width and the center frequency will be the center of the panadapter.

I have done that with CW Skimmer Server at times in order to keep it stable.

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Answer ✓

@ik7ezn You can use the Flex API if you can do some computer programming. This would be a good candidate for a Node Red flow.

This command will center Pan 0 on 14.250 MHz:

CD30 | display pan s 0x40000000 center=14.250

Pan 1 is 0x40000001.

Here is a link to the API Wiki:

SmartSDR TCP/IP API - SmartSDR Wiki (flexradio.com)

Answers

• ik7ezn
    ik7ezn Member
    Ken, thank you . This works. But is there a way to set the center frequency from the keyboard? Currently I move with the mouse but it is not always accurate.
  • John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭

Highlight the frequency with the mouse, and enter the frequency from the keyboard. Ex. 7 2 0 0

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.