Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Serial over IP Tools (serialtcp)

Mike-VA3MW
Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

I wanted to thank Gerry, W1VE who made this great tool available for serial tunneling (serial via long remote :) ). I love what he did with it and even the log screen is so helpful.

This is his post on the N1MM group:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've just released my version of a very useful tool. It's called SerialTCP.  It's an application that will transform Serial-to-TCP and TCP-to-Serial. It runs in both Client and Server modes, so

that you can use it one way at your station and another way from your remote site.  You can take ANY flavor of CAT and run it over the Internet or your LAN. In addition, you can just use your server piece and use N1MM+ with IP for CAT.

The application is free, and is licensed under the GNU General Public License.   You can download it at https://files.w1ve.com/serialtcp.zip.   In the Zip files are self-contained exe files, meaning they require NO additional other files, no Installer is required, and can be run from any location in the file system.  On the menu, there is an ability to launch another copy:  you can launch as many copies as you like.   

In the Help->About is info about how to get the source code.  There are binaries for Windows-x86, Windows-x64 and Windows-ARM.   This is Microsoft's latest tech, so it will run on Windows 10 and later.

Feel free to give me feedback directly to gerry@w1ve.com.

Comments

• Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭

The link to the ZIP file has a trailing "." (dot) in it - you will need to copy the link and edit out the dot in order to use the link.

• Val  DM1TX
    Val DM1TX Member ✭✭

Great tool! Thank you Gerry!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.