Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

BLUETOOTH HEADSET SMARTSDR

keith hertzog
keith hertzog Member ✭✭
I USE A BLUTOOTH HEADSET ON MY NOTEBOOK REMOTE AND HAVE NO PROBLEMS. I PAIR THE SAME HEADSET TO MY DESKTOP ON THE SAME NETWORK AND I HEAR FINE WITH AUDIO SET AS PC AUDIO. AS SOON AS I TURN THE MIC INPUT TO PC THE AUDIO IS CUT. I SET INPUT BACK TO MIC AND AUDIO IS BACK. ALSO THE MIC DOES WORK. I MUST HAVE MISSED SOMETHING SIMPLE. Sorry about the caps !

Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

SmartSDR on a PC uses the default audio devices on Windows, so you will need to review what your default Speaker and Microphone are.

You will need to make the default device your Bluetooth headset.

• "Thank you Mike,
    I checked that and i tested in windows where you can monitor your own audio and worked fine. Also SmartSDR shows the device you are using when you slide the mouse over. (ie PCAUDIO and PC for mic }
    I am running the latest win-10. On SmartSDR I hear audio through the headset and when i select PC for mic the audio stops. But then the headset mic works fine. when i look at the default device in windows i can see activity. so windows is still hearing the audio. ?? I receive excellent reviews using that headset on my windows notebook. I purchased a new PCI Bluetooth card (native intel drivers) just to be sure full duplex wasent a problem in win-10 on the desktop. Thanks again 73 Keith
  • keith hertzog
    keith hertzog Member ✭✭
    [{"insert":"Thank you. Ill have to figure this one out.\nCould you please advise me on what cable i need to use on my remote 8ch relay board. It is a SMAKNA 8ch 12v board . It has a common usb chip installed. Im thinking i dont have the right cable.\n73 Keith N3SVB\n"}]
  • keith hertzog
    keith hertzog Member ✭✭

I still am unable to achieve what appears to be (what i call ) full duplex. Works fine as stated on my notebook. I even purchased a Bluetooth PCI board thinking my internal technology was dated. Im blaming my PC and moving on.!! This one really isnt anything to do with flex. I appreciate your efforts.

• I decided to go on an all day mission to know the answer to this problem. Many recommendations from teck was the default device settings. win 10 (bluetooth )

1- device headset showed , but would not show indication of activity on SOUNDS screen (devices installed ) tried to uninstall and start again. ( would not uninstall ) long story short had to reinstall windows 10 to remove the device. ( i always have a good backup !) 4 hours later done with updates.

1. I recommend running a bloatware removal tool next. ( well worth it )
    2. No SSDR installed yet.
    3. Installed and tested bluetooth headset every way i could think of. ( all worked )
    4. installed SSDR
    5. Same problem audio in the headset but no mic.
    6. win was forcing default to headphones (see attached Play Sound pic ) I forced default to Headset as you can see. Still no MIC (PC) nesx i went to sound record (see attached pic) again set default to headset.
    7. IT WORKED. Works great just like on my notebook !!

TECH WAS ALWAYS CORRECT SET DEFAULTS - YOU JUST HAVE TO FIGHT WINDOWS TO GET THERE.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.