Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

What is the status of Tuner Genius XL?

Joseph H Wilkowski III
Joseph H Wilkowski III Member ✭✭
edited March 2022 in Tuner Genius XL
I have not seen any mention of when this product will be available. I put down a deposit last November and have not heard a word since.

Best Answers

• Ian
    Ian Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓

You should contact Flex sales about your order ... they are being shipped ... I got mime last November

Ian VE3JI

• Mike Steventon
    Mike Steventon Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Mine is being delivered this Monday, in the UK. Ordered end August 2021.

Mike G4GWH

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓

[email protected] and you'll get an answer.

• Bill WW5M
    Bill WW5M Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Good luck with that - I have been waiting since I put my deposit on July 18th. Was

told maybe by Christmas and now text says March! Looks Europe are getting theirs already

Hmm.

• Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Delays can and do happen and these delays I found out can be external to Flexradio, in other words circumstances beyond their control. When they do receive a shipment they do fulfill as many orders as they can and get them out the door pretty quick.

As suggested, simply ask. As per the 2nd TGXL I ordered , I asked January 21 for an updated "estimated" delivery, was told possibly mid-February. Got notification yesterday Friday March 4th that it is ready for shipment, made payment with in minutes, so I am expecting a tracking number a few business day later after the weekend.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓

Thanks... you'll just have to trust that we send them out in order, which we do. It is followed religiously.

And, trust me, we want to send / ship them as fast as possible.

Answers

• Thanks for the feedback. I will be contacting Flex directly.
  • Butch
    Butch Member ✭✭✭

Give JP a call or email. He filled me in on my TG-XL delivery date and it came in just as he said.

• bjunor
    bjunor Member
    Neither emailing JP or [email protected] over the last 3 weeks about the status of my TGXL order elicited any response. Your mileage may vary but I am quite disappointed in Flexradio's customer engagement.
  • I was told via email that it would have been delivered last month (Feb) but that did not happen. I have no idea when it will arrive. I will just have to wait as I have no other choice.
  • Mike, I agree, there are always mitigating circumstances that affect all manner of product delivery. I fully understand that situation. All I have ever asked for was a status. I do not think a periodic email communication to the folks who have ordered and are in the queue, would be a hardship.

As I said, all I can do is wait. It is what it is.

• Mike-VA3MW

There are still delivery issues as it relates to raw material.

I apologize that JP didn't get back to you, so I reminded him. It is possible we didn't get your email as it actually does happen. (I have logs I can go check)

Rest assured, you will get it. JP doesn't always know when, as he doesn't work in order fulfillment as it is in a totally different property than he is in.

We would love to have a system in place to send you updates like you do when you order a Corvette. :). Or a Pizza (our Pizza place does that). Again, it comes to economics. Do we up the prices of items we sell to fund the software, people required to have that cool shipping feature? Those are the conversations we have to have with our COO each time. Will it help sell more widgets?

(welcome to manufacturing)

• Got it, and thanks for the response Mike. I will continue to patiently wait.

• bjunor
    bjunor Member
    I do understand that there have been, and continue to be, disruptions to supply chains. However, when I make a reasonable inquiry as to the status of my order after 6 months, I do expect to receive a reply. Perhaps that reply will just say "hold tight, we are still having supply issues" but there should be some kind of acknowledgement. And perhaps JP didn't get the email but surely JP and "[email protected]" didn't both fail to get the emails. If that's the case, then you need a new email system. You also make the economic case that to have full service customer engagement, Flexradio would have to increase prices. But what about MY economic case? You've got my $500 so can I expect a discount since you've had the use of my money for half a year?
  • Mike-VA3MW

@bjunor JP did reply to you. If you didn't receive it, please let us know ([email protected]).

Using the Info alias is the right thing to do as it is received by many people.

• bjunor
    bjunor Member
    Good morning, Mike. Yes, JP did reply. But it took a while and multiple attempts at communication from me. It's not that I was flooding email with inquiries. I was quite patient; although the initial projection (at the time of placing my order) was for shipment at the end of 2021, I knew that supply chain issues were likely going to change that. So, when new predictions appeared here --- and at QSO Today --- I thought it was entirely reasonable to find out when my order might be completed. So, I now have an estimate from JP ... and I will accept this for what it is --- an estimate. I will also say that when I get replies from both you and JP, they are thoughtful and useful ... but I still have the sense that there's a lot of latency in FlexRadio's responses.
  • Mike, I received the comment from bjunor. I did not respond as it would just continue the thread. As far as I am concerned, there is no reason to continue the thread. To me the topic is closed.

This discussion has been closed.