Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Ant 1 and Ant 2 selection

Options

When using the AG 8x2, what determines which ports are routed as Ant1 and which ports are routed as Ant2? Are ports 1-4 automatically "assigned" as Ant1 and ports 5-8 "assigned" as Ant2 and can these ANT assignments be changed?

Best Answer

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

This is a great question.

The 2x8 AG is a great antenna switch. It allows all the antenna to be available to all parts of the radio. You can see in the configuration panel that all you need to do is configure what antenna is on what port.

You do also need to set up the frequency range for a specific antenna.

This is how my 'bands' are setup. You will see I have an 80M low (CW) and an 80M high (SSB). If you want to use specific antennas for WWV or AM Broadcast, you need to keep that in mind as well.

Answers

• Rob_K8YV
    Rob_K8YV Member ✭✭
    Options

If you go the the Configuration of the Antenna Genius, under config Radio, you can select which antenna port on the flex it will use.

Just make sure the active is checked.

• rsobol
    rsobol Member ✭✭
    Options

Rob, in the FlexRadio to Antenna Genius Configuration, I have Port A going to ANT1 and Port B going to ANT2. Both are checked active. In the Antenna Genius Configuration menu, I have all the antenna ports assigned to different bands. How are these 8 antennas ports assigned to become either Port A/ANT1 or Port B/ANT2? If I now have for example 20m AG antenna port showing as ANT2 on SmartSDR is there a way to change it to ANT1? Thanks

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.