Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

NUC and Panadapter issue

Hi folks, I recently built a Nuc 11 i7 performance machine with 32Gb Ram, 1 TB NVME drive, Win 10 pro and am running latest V3 or SmartSDR. My radio is a Flex 6400 no maestro. I was able to get everything running and connected no prob, but if I minimize the SDR screen to anything but full screen, my pan adapter stops functioning. The rig runs, audio fine and S meter all work, but the pan adapter freezes. Any ideas? I have a video, but don’t know if I can up load to the forum.

Rich
KQ9L

Comments

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭

How are you connecting to the radio? Hardwired or WiFi?

James

WD5GWY

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭

Rich,

It is probably an issue with your network. Do you have the same problem if you connect your pc directly to the radio? A loss of the panadapter is because of dropped packets. Look at the network strength indicator in the lower right side of SmartSDR. If its not showing green bars, then that is a good indication of a problem with your network.

James

WD5GWY

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Update your video driver.

There was an issue with Intel IRIS video driver causing freezing panadapter/waterfall. You can search the Community for Intel Video driver.

Dave wo2x

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭

Dave,

I had forgot all about the driver problem. Glad you mentioned it.

James

WD5GWY

• Radiorich
    Radiorich Member ✭✭

Thanks guys, sorry about the "radio silence" was hanging with the family. The Nuc is connected via hardware cat 6 cable to my home network, the radio is connected the same. I have found if I add a second monitor and keep SDR nearly full sized on the second monitor it works, but if I shrink it smaller than a certain size it does not work. I will search the site for Video drivers and report back.

Thanks.

Rich

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭

I ran into a problem yesterday when I updated my Drivers on my NUC-I8 with the Intel IRIS Graphic 655 graphic chip and every time I brought up the Memory window (which I use a lot) it locked up SmartSDR.

I had to go back to the original 2018 Drivers for things to start working again so just make sure you check all features after you update the Video drivers and be sure you have a backup before you try it.

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Yes, there are issues with some of the Intel video drivers.

Dave wo2x

• Radiorich
    Radiorich Member ✭✭

As a follow up, I wanted to report to the group that I resolved my issue, sort of.

As many pointed out here, the issue is with the Intel graphics drivers. Even after I downloaded and installed the latest drivers my issue was not resolved. It was only after I disable the "hardware acceleration" and I was able to get everything to work, this is why I said "sort of". I would assume that eventually the drivers will be fixed but for now the Nuc is not running its graphics at full potential. That being said, frankly, I see no difference in waterfall / panadapter speed or responsiveness.

I hope this helps someone who may run into the same issue. Tim E at Flex was great and helped tremendously.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.