Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How do you connect a computer using fldgi to a Flex 6400M

Options
Tom Koch
Tom Koch Member ✭✭
edited January 2022 in Third-Party Software
I have a lot of experience using FLdig to my Flex 6300 I now have a new Flex 6400M which does not need a computer to operate it. How should I connect it to my 6400M?

Answers

• Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Exactly the same way you would connect to the 6300 :-)

The only thing you do not need to do is start up SSDR - it is adequate to only start up DAX and CAT and connect them to the GUI instance running on the front panel. That said, you may also operate the 6400M with the front panel disconnected (i.e. not yet connected), either initially, or by choosing "Menu"/"Radio"/"Switch version" from the front panel to disconnect it from the radio. You then operate exactly as if you had your 6300.

• Tom Koch
    Tom Koch Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks ! I will try that ! But will probably need to put a copy of the operating system in my computer! or will it install it on my computer from the 6500M>
  • John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Not sure what you mean about operating system in your computer. The M has an embedded os that only runs the M version of SmartSDR, but can’t run fldigi. There has to be a standard computer to run fldigi under win10 or whatever. It gets connected to the flex through Dax/cat for the needed data. So MSmartsdr on the M radio, fldigi on the computer, and Dax/cat to connect the two.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

You will follow the exact same procedure you used for your 6300. FLDigi needs to run on a computer, not the radio.

• Ken Wells
    Ken Wells Community Manager admin
    Options

You do not need to open SmartSDR on the computer.

But, you will need to run DAX and CAT on your computer and associate them to the Front Panel of your 6400M.

Configure FLDigi the same as you did on your 6300 - select DAX Channels and CAT ports accordingly.

Then you control the radio with the Front Panel, but you control FLDigi from the computer.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.