Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

2m Transverter on FLEX-6400

Options
K5BGP
K5BGP Member ✭✭

Hi everyone,

From perusing the forum here, I understand that I can use a "Transverter" to perform TX/RX on 2 meters using my FLEX-6400.

I have my eyes on this model: https://transverters-store.com/144mhz_tcxo_assembled_without_att.htm

My understanding is that I need to connect a wire from the BNC (XVTR transverter) connector on the back of the 6400 to the BNC (RADIO) connector on the Transverter. My 2m antenna would connect to the VHF ANT connector. Then transmitting/receiving on 28MHz-30MHZ would translate to 144MHz-146MHz on the transverter.

Is that correct?

If so, would the pan adapter view on my dogparkSDR software simply show the 10m band spectrum?

Comments

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

This video should help

• K5BGP
    K5BGP Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks Mike. This video was very helpful!

• K5BGP
    K5BGP Member ✭✭
    Options

Just a followup on my initial question... I'm looking at Q5Signal's 144MHz transverter product. How would transmitting to a repeater with CTCSS work with this product?

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

It would be the same. You can set up your radio to send a CTCSS tone.

However, if you want to use this on VHF FM, you will get better user features with a $100 2M mobile.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.